IGNORED

BT

ZoeB

I'm curious, what are people here's opinions on BT's music? He seems to have a similar thing going on (creating a vast array of different styles of painstakingly built up music, often from scratch by programming or making electronics).

Like Flahblub, got the production skills, but devoid of all soul. This Binary Universe his most interesting album but even that is rather meh in the end. Have not familiarized myself with his cheese trance. He also looks like a douche.

Guest Fatcaesar

This binary universe is amazing, but the rest he's done is so much shit.. so very very bad

Edited by Fatcaesar

Guest CraniumXII

Damn, I haven't heard this guys stuff in a while... Downloaded his last album in 320kbps, and am trying to give it a proper listen. There are hints of a good producer/musician... but his general direction is fockin' terrible. Most tracks are too trancy/dancy...

The vocals in the tracks are unforgivable :/

Edited by CraniumXII

Most of his cool music comes from uncredited interns/staff. He has a team of people that comes up with cool ideas and do all of his editing grunt work. He is a corporation.

Guest RadarJammer

Most of his cool music comes from uncredited interns/staff. He has a team of people that comes up with cool ideas and do all of his editing grunt work. He is a corporation.

He said in a Reddit AMA that Binary Universe cost him $200,000 to make (and he claims to have not turned a profit but lost money on that one) maybe the high cost of producing that album was due to hiring people to do c-sound crap for him?

BT is known for using a production technique he calls the stutter edit. This technique consists of taking a small fragment (or fragments) of sound and then repeating it rhythmically. BT was entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for his song "Somnambulist (Simply Being Loved)". This song was recognized as using the largest number of vocal edits in a song (6,178 edits).

holy fucking lol.

Guest RadarJammer

I'm glad that I'm not the only man who celebrates world record victories with long winded videos of arm dancing.

He said in a Reddit AMA that Binary Universe cost him $200,000 to make (and he claims to have not turned a profit but lost money on that one) maybe the high cost of producing that album was due to hiring people to do c-sound crap for him?

pretty sure you're right about that. I think one of the people he hired for it was richard devine, but I don't remember where I heard that (here somewhere I think) so that might not be right.

Edited by ganus