IGNORED

Chuck Persons - A.D.D. Complete

Guest Aserinsky

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

sft0127-500x500.jpg

Alter ego of Oneohtrix Point Never. Person's eccojams Vol. 1 & 2 were celebrated mixes on the underground cassette & blog circuits Comprised of many samples used to construct Oneohtrix Point Never's acclaimed "Replica" album. For fans of Ford & Lopatin's early work as GAMES. Persons' "eccojams" belong more to the conceptual realm than they do the song. Altered FM radio frequencies are looped ad infinitum, creating a mantric /poetic effect, and have garnered accolades from the likes of Simon Reynolds, Antony Hegarty, and even Michael Stipe. The A.D.D. COMPLETE 7" features a ton of fresh and unreleased eccojams, alongside a litany of samples used in the construction of OPN's Replica album. They are presented on vinyl with a series of three randomized speedruns unique to three b-side versions of the 7". Hand numbered, limited edition of 120.

I've decided I'm going to get up at 6 in the morning just to hang around my local record shop and see if I can this on Record Store Day. Seriously.

Apologies, made a mistake in the title. Should say the release date is 21st April (Record Store Day), not 21st May.

I was wondering that, can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. Not sure who did the writeup, maybe they were referencing to the Heaven Can Wait mixes? Other than that I have no ideas.

Guest jasondonervan

Just back from a successful Record Store Day sortie. This was top of my wants list, and I was lucky to grab it as my local store only had 7 copies in. It's basically ECCOJAMS TURBO EDITION, which amounts to OPN fucking around with the AM dial on his radio in a mad frenzied manner... love it.

9n8dj.jpg

XRXVs.jpg

J1dEx.jpg

So does anyone know exactly how many locked grooves are on the 'locked groove edition IV' b-side? I've currently counted 30, but I don't want to be missing out on anything by accident.

Yes, I just ordered it. They actually updated some of the listings to indicate when they've sold out, and the Chuck Persons 7" still isn't listed as sold out....yoooooo!

And, Amazon apparently has Zomby's Where Were U in '92 LP on pre-order.

edit: the MC5/Afrika Bambaata split and Blackboard Jungle Dub are intriguing too, but I'm putting myself in the poorhouse here.

They actually updated some of the listings to indicate when they've sold out, and the Chuck Persons 7" still isn't listed as sold out....yoooooo!

Awesome; I was wondering about that. Just ordered it myself. Thanks for the link!

Man, you saved my day- made an account on resident as well but it's not sure they sell the remaining stock april 28th.

Just ordered it from them.

Can anybody tell more about the record and the content, how it sound etc. etc. The info on the web is very sparse sadly.

I really wonder that it has not popped up on discogs offered for ridiculous sums. Last year RSD was simply hell when you haven't got the goodies from the stores at that day.

Guest jasondonervan

Can anybody tell more about the record and the content, how it sound etc. etc. The info on the web is very sparse sadly.

Side A is a grab bag of what must be an unload of Oneohtrix's samples folder. A few I recognise from various Eccojams, as well as some found on Replica. It runs at 33rpm firing sample after sample off, one every 1-2 seconds with a locked groove at the end.

Side B is locked grooves all the way, similar content to side A but obviously you've got to get handy with the tonearm to find them all. Runs at 45rpm.

Side A is a grab bag of what must be an unload of Oneohtrix's samples folder. A few I recognise from various Eccojams, as well as some found on Replica. It runs at 33rpm firing sample after sample off, one every 1-2 seconds with a locked groove at the end.

Side B is locked grooves all the way, similar content to side A but obviously you've got to get handy with the tonearm to find them all. Runs at 45rpm.

Thank you! Sounds amazing. Great for plundering and rearranging live I think.

Seems that there are 4 different b-sides- am I right?

"Nice" shop- after I purchased it when it was still IN STOCK they wrote me a mail hours later that it is OUT of stock and they send me a reminder when it comes in again.

Great…… okay, hooking up on resident again. Hope they spared some copies with the David Lynch one. tzzz

"Nice" shop- after I purchased it when it was still IN STOCK they wrote me a mail hours later that it is OUT of stock and they send me a reminder when it comes in again.

Great…… okay, hooking up on resident again. Hope they spared some copies with the David Lynch one. tzzz

Same here. Wonder if KY got it.

Off to by some early 0PN releases on cassette then.

Dear KY,

Thanks for your order.

Your order will be shipped on Monday, April 23. We will send an email confirmation after your order is shipped.

Here is your completed order:

Name/Title_______________________________Format__Price____Quantity___Total

Chuck Persons ____________________________ 7" 4.99 1 4.99

ADD Complete -- Loops/Collage (limited 2012 Record Store Day release) (pic cover)

Item: 608074, New Copy (NOTE: Limited numbered edition of 120 copies.)

sorry dudes :\ there's a copy on ebay for 10 right now.

Guest jasondonervan

So it looks like my buddy who also bought this on RSD isn't too keen on the ECCOJAMS and no longer wants his copy. He's no ebay scalper looking for $$$ (neither am I), so I've bought it off him at face value, hopefully to do a trade.

If anyone has been lucky enough to somehow grab a spare of any volume other than 'IV', I'll happily meet you in the middle for a straight swap. If that ends up being a non-starter, I'll try and work out how best to sell it directly to someone here (again, at face value) as fairly as possible...

Archived