IGNORED

Will facebook survive

o00o

loved tracks still works for me?

you can still love tracks but the loved tracks radio is gone. before you could listen to a random mix of your loved tracks by becoming a subscriber. now you just get mobile streaming and ads removed

on spotify you can listen to everything as often as you like

I'm sure Spotify will succumb to ads eventually, just like last.fm and pandora.

So does Spotify have scrobbling?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yessss it does

i hate spotify because i using the free version and this month i listen to like 3 tracks and it said i'd reached the limit. crap

The 3 people I know who use pinterest are all female, all in the UK.

Its all for logging pictures of clothes, wedding cakes and shit like that.

I will defend Pinterest as I am an active user. It's for logging pictures of anything you want. Sure the userbase is mostly women (and that's changing) because it was probably marketed at them first and spread by word of mouth. I found out about it from a female coworker. But guess what? You can post what you want, and you can view what you want. I post art, design, architecture, cars, urban shit, cycling stuff, and on occasion an item of clothing. You can create different boards for different topics, and you can follow specific boards for different people. If a friend creates a wedding dress blog, I'm not gonna follow it. Know what I mean? Just because it's mostly used by women to post clothing and food, doesn't mean that's all you're gonna see or that you're gonna see that at all.

Now granted, I'm following my girlfriend's boards on Pinterest so I do see some clothing and food and such. Some of her boards I'm not following because they don't interest me. But otherwise it also serves as a great way to get gift ideas - it's a window into everything she runs across online that she likes. It was very helpful last Christmas, and she hadn't even though it could be used for that.

Also she recently died her hair red and prior to that she was posting all kinds of hot ginger girls, to get inspiration for a specific shade. And she was shopping for bikinis so she was posting pictures of chicks in bikinis she liked. What's not to like? :wink: You control the content.

Also it really doesn't need to be compared to Facebook - sure they're both social sites but everything is going social. They serve a different purpose.

Guest EleminoP

Facebook is good for staying in touch with old friends, communicating with current friends, and making new friends.

the other examples were of companies that did NOT keep up with the changes, or made colossal mistakes that cost them dearly.

How can you explain Digg? I still think it was more of a trust issue with users. People lost faith in the stuff that was on top, and the superusers algorithm. It could happen to reddit anyday!

the other examples were of companies that did NOT keep up with the changes, or made colossal mistakes that cost them dearly.

How can you explain Digg? I still think it was more of a trust issue with users. People lost faith in the stuff that was on top, and the superusers algorithm. It could happen to reddit anyday!

Digg was on the receiving end of a major design overhaul which resulted in really bad user experience and a lot of conversions to Reddit.

Seems like a similar thing happened to Gawker, when they switched their default layout from a live feed to an almost-newspaper format that promotes the same top story for much of the day. Traffic really went down when that happened, but there isn't a competitor to replace them yet so they didn't fold.

If a similar newcomer site pops up, and Reddit somehow undergoes a majorly flawed design revision, then the same thing could happen.

Guest sickboy

that drawsomething is so popular cos it distils what facebook is about totally down into 1 shitty app

waste hours of your fucking life whilst thinking you're "communicating" cos ur too scared to spend time with ur own thoughts.

look at the oldest photos you can find and you'll see a sign for coca-cola. companies can last a long time. we are just in the beginning stages of a new thing while the kinks get worked out. i dont think FB is going anywhere for while. but what do i know. carry on

EZ guys, I just came back from the future and facebook survived, but as far as analog signals go they're still in the dark ages.

The real reason im not on facebook is that it pisses me the fuck off. T

he first thing it did when I joined was to tell everyone in my email contacts that i'de created an account without asking me.

Then I got a load of people ide never met or hadn't seen for years trying to contact me.

on top of that most of the stuff people post is just "look at me i've got a boy/girlfriend" or "look at me I don't have a boy/girlfriend" or "look at me I'm drunk" or stupid quotes and memes.

It's like an internet hell.

Even more so than watmm.

women talking about their day with the kids. baby pictures. peoples kids, kids, kids, kids....the boring part of facebook.

worst part is the awkward real life running into people you message but they didnt write back or didnt friend you back . or you deleted them and they now hate you.

Here's an article from today by A-Trak about why Myspace was better for musicians than navigating all the social networking sites we have now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/atrak/mourning-myspace_b_1446533.html

I agree with him on a lot of the points. Myspace in its prime was very useful as far as music. I'm not sad that it died - just that there really hasn't been an adequate replacement.

Me: hey Google, you want to poke around in my hard drive?

Google: Oh god, yes.

Me: You may fuck yourself, Google.

Google: :sad:

Archived