IGNORED

hudson mohawke

Guest iep

so this guy hasn't released much. still waiting for his 2nd album! should be on warp soon-ish.

i've been following since pretty much the start and there's so many obscure gems buried in his stash!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1WteS7Ezw&feature=related

brilliant..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-t3wGRBbY

massively underrated and massively out of print are his Heralds of Change joints, done with mike slott, already 5-6 years ago now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ABILdDMxAA

show some love..

also heard he's doing a project with erykah badu at the moment.

stoked to see him play soon, for the fourth time already in amsterdam! he used to live here., and heard him say he still reckons it's the best place to play.

i thought butter was very promising, his best work by far. I hope he scales back the hip hop anthem aspect of his newer sound. Satin panthers had a little bit too much saccharine bombastic american rnb/pop stuff going on for me. Rising 5 is my favorite song of his, hope he does more of those

Guest CraniumXII

I don't wish to offend anyone, so I shall be as politically correct as possible... I strongly dislike his music... When hearing his debut album, I thought it was the end for warp records.

It's just my opinion, but it greatly offends my ears.

i thought butter was very promising, his best work by far. I hope he scales back the hip hop anthem aspect of his newer sound. Satin panthers had a little bit too much saccharine bombastic american rnb/pop stuff going on for me. Rising 5 is my favorite song of his, hope he does more of those

that's a really a-typical track for him, but wait for the new album is all i can say..

here's a preview..

dig it?

Big fan of this guy. It's weird that Rustie copied his style pretty much with his latest LP. It's great fun to see him live, last time he played a lot of very weird and Clark-ish tracks and very little r'n'b inspired stuff, it was a crazy night! Hope some of that stuff is on the new LP, whenever this will happen.

so this guy hasn't released much. still waiting for his 2nd album! should be on warp soon-ish.

Any truth behind this? Or just wishful thinking?

I don't wish to offend anyone, so I shall be as politically correct as possible... I strongly dislike his music... When hearing his debut album, I thought it was the end for warp records.

It doesn't offend me, on the contrary it makes me want to listen it.

Guest CraniumXII

It doesn't offend me, on the contrary it makes me want to listen it.

That's good, Mr. Wolf of Beers... Hope you enjoy, then...

I felt as though that "Scud Books" track could be featured in some kind of film. "Drive" or "Miami Vice" style perhaps? I mean that in a good way. It does have a sort of vintage appeal in some ways, and has an uplifting quality. I suppose that's probably what it's about... Sorta takes you to this "Time is fleeting. Let me enjoy myself right now." kind of mind-set. In that way, I can also see it being fun in a live setting, while being very high on drugs :wink:

have any of these record labels considered the implications of launching someone who is like 18 years old into electronic music stardom ? i always wonder psychologically speaking if a lot of these younger up and coming people can handle the stress of the instant fame. I know it's not quite the same as a child star, but i can imagine that one day you're this nobody dude making music on your laptop and then the next you're being flown around the world being showered in pussy and drugs.

have any of these record labels considered the implications of launching someone who is like 18 years old into electronic music stardom ? i always wonder psychologically speaking if a lot of these younger up and coming people can handle the stress of the instant fame. I know it's not quite the same as a child star, but i can imagine that one day you're this nobody dude making music on your laptop and then the next you're being flown around the world being showered in pussy and drugs.

I think it'd be fucking wicked awesome.

Hudson Mohawk is my meng! Top dawg killer tunes!!!!

His productions blow most artists who been making music for decades out of their socks.

Can't wait to see what this little dude has in store for us in the future

He is 26 though.

• 7 years later...

Archived