3866598840-1.jpg

Download (10 tracks): FREE

CD-R (18 tracks, incl. Milieu & Mrs Jynx remixes): $8 plus S&H

Sint is Mr. Niek Brouwer from the Netherlands, and he makes beautiful electronic music that you've never heard before with machines that you've probably heard before. Operating in the vein of things like Bochum Welt, early Aphex and CiM (with a healthy dose of Drexciya)...basically imagine the most playful and melodic braindance, filled to the brim with catchy synth lines, funky drums and warm analog goodness, and there you are in the midst of Sint's Zonmist. We at RP don't mind confessing to you that Zonmist is one of our favorite things to come out of the label yet, and will probably go down in history as one of the best things we ever released, so really - do yourself a favor and grab this album. If you have a few bucks, do yourself a bigger favor and order a copy of the limited CD-R. It's only packed chock-full of 6 bonus tracks and 2 remixes by Milieu and Mrs Jynx! And there's only 50 of them! Go go go!

One of the CD-only bonus cuts:

[youtubehd]mRH--NLA4vM[/youtubehd]

I don't think it's wrong as such. Just that the rar contains the mp3s + jpg rather than a labelled folder containing the mp3s and jpg. Not really a problem here but with some zips the extracted files can get spread around (if they have varying creation dates or whatever) in the folder they're extracted too which can be annoying. I think it might've been the same with the 2 jaffa eps i got from you. Again... minor gripe...

Anyway. Thanks for making the good stuff available

Sint has done it again! Just got through my first listen and totally in love all over again. (Monitor Select was a favorite of mine last year.) Gorgeous.

I don't think it's wrong as such. Just that the rar contains the mp3s + jpg rather than a labelled folder containing the mp3s and jpg. Not really a problem here but with some zips the extracted files can get spread around (if they have varying creation dates or whatever) in the folder they're extracted too which can be annoying. I think it might've been the same with the 2 jaffa eps i got from you. Again... minor gripe...

Anyway. Thanks for making the good stuff available

No offense taken at the gripe - I'd be frustrated too. I believe what you're describing is 100% Bandcamp's doing, as I only ever upload individual FLAC files and hi-res artwork on my end. Also, what unpacking software are you using? I just use the Windows unpacking utility (since Bandcamp files are all .zips, not .rar or something else) and every time I get anything from Bandcamp, it unpacks it to a folder bearing the artist name and album title already in place...

Also, thanks to everyone here for the kind words - Niek is a massively talented fellow and it is totally my honor to be able to bring you this record!

Thanks for the kind words again guys! And I'm really honoured that I could get an album out on your label, Brian!

Best.

Nice one, the remixes alone make grabbing that CD worth it, promise :)

Thanks again everyone, enjoy this with the nice spring right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Missed this. Checkin...

By the way, how do I stay updated on all the R. Plastics / Milieu / etc. new stuff all at once, other than reading watmm? I know there's a mailing list, but it seems fairly infrequent. Is there like a master RSS feed of just... everything?

Archived