IGNORED

Wolfgang Voigt - Du Musst Nichts Sagen Remixes

"(en) "Du musst nichts sagen" ("You don't have to say anything") was a puristic sound study with lots of bassdrum and a hint of flourish, which threw a tight girdle over Wolfgang Voigt's sonic cosmos. Originally the b-side to "Rückverzauberung 2", a much more freeform exploit, "Du musst nichts..." marched towards a dark fortress, following a point-blank trail and inspired by the mute grit of the many. But the original's rigor is neither unknown to this oeuvre, nor would the artist not have other strategies in mind to reach his designated goal. The remixes at hand present three distinct alternatives, starting with the Fanfaren Mix that cranks up the amount of fanfare – hence its name –, but also explicitly carves out the underlying 4/4 rhythm. By contrast, the Informel Mix dabs on his percussion in a more intuitive way: created as the soundtrack for an experimental video, this version doesn't so much buy into the source's drama, but focuses on what was heard between the notes in the first place. The flipside is an old acquaintance too: the Doppelvoigt Mix was showcased in a video of the same name, which took an interview given by Wolfgang Voigt and translated it into some sort of documentary Techno both abstract and humoristic. In the end, all three versions share one classic Voigt verdict: Techno is essentially Ambient... only without the Ambient part."

[youtubehd]49_-S5nWdMI&feature=player_embedded[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]e-bAvpEsIoM&feature=player_embedded#![/youtubehd]

http://www.kompakt.f...n_remixe_12_art

The only good thing this guy ever did, was the GAS project.

Please dont make statements without doing any research.

I know you have not listened to his entire catalouge, if you had you wouldn't have said that.

I know you have not listened to his entire catalouge, if you had you wouldn't have said that.

Could not have said it better. Voigt does so much different stuff...GAS, solid acid as Mike Ink, incredible minimal techno as Studio 1 or Freiland, crazy dancefloor shitstompers under his own name, warped loop-weirdness as M:I:5, classic techno as Love Inc...I could keep going really. Not everything the man does is brilliant, but he is truly an experimentalist and those expecting consistency of the predictable kind from him are sure to be disappointed. However, if you're into SOUND, like sound sound, then Voigt is your man.

Could not have said it better. Voigt does so much different stuff...GAS, solid acid as Mike Ink, incredible minimal techno as Studio 1 or Freiland, crazy dancefloor shitstompers under his own name, warped loop-weirdness as M:I:5, classic techno as Love Inc...I could keep going really. Not everything the man does is brilliant, but he is truly an experimentalist and those expecting consistency of the predictable kind from him are sure to be disappointed. However, if you're into SOUND, like sound sound, then Voigt is your man.

yeah he is as prolific as richard d. james if not even more

• 2 weeks later...

i like the informal mix, it gave me big smirky face

After it popped up on boomkat with several samples I asked myself what the point of this release is. I know the backstory of Voigt and his sublabels but this is a bit pointless.

The Informel mix is just an academic sound exercise to impress art professors who are nodding to it and the Doppelgänger mix is nothing special. Just cutting two interviews with a timeshift of 5 seconds with an added disco athmo- voila.

Archived