IGNORED

Beastie Boys Co-Founder Adam Yauch Dead at 48

paul's boutique sounds flat, never enjoyed it. i always felt like it was still too prankty teeny weeny party lp that served its purpose as a gateaway album to more adventurous experiments they conducted later rather than being a true masterpiece in itself. check your head is my fav, i think that's the point they figured it out.

Couldn't agree more

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in fact what is everyone's fav?

>picture of pauls boutique

I have it on cassette, cd, and double gatefold vinyl. In grade 11, the tape never left my walkman (yeah 1990 reprazent!)

Like I said earlier in the thread - I wouldn't be the person I am today without that record.

Yeah, i'd agree with that. That's why i posted the album someone put up on youtube earlier. I had it on tape and later cD. Never got it on vinyl though.

Also, yeah, i din like licence to ill. Just didn't have a calling for whatever that was supposed to be. It's funny cause when the 'some old bullshit' re-release of their punk stuff came out, I didn't mind that. So their aesthetic sense from when they were younger still appealed to me. Maybe they just had to get licence to ill out of their pubescent system, before they could make pauls boutique. Or maybe Rubin only saw a joke band in them. Still it did make their name so i'm sure they never cursed it.

Ill Communication was the last beasties album I ever got/ listened to.

I always assumed Hello Nasty would be boring or too commercial. I love Ill Communication and everything before, tho. Hmm...

If I had to pick, I'd go with Check Your head.

Lots of fond memories at a ripe age with that one.

That was probably my most listened to of the lot. Plus, it marked a shift for them back to being a band, in a very organic, hybrid kinda way. Great album.

I always assumed Hello Nasty would be boring or too commercial. I love Ill Communication and everything before, tho. Hmm...

That was probably my most listened to of the lot. Plus, it marked a shift for them back to being a band, in a very organic, hybrid kinda way. Great album.

You should definitely, definitely, get Hello Nasty.

i've got Licensed to Ill - Paul's Boutique - Check Your Head - Ill Communication - Hello Nasty - To the 5 Boroughs - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two & my preference are Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication & Hello Nasty...

Edit : all in CDs

Guest ReversedVertigo

True. I have been lots into ATCQ lately again, and they have tons of dope material.

this one is my fuckin jam. i could listen to this track all day.

edit: and yeah, q-tip has an amazing flow.

i got into the beastie boys through my younger brother, who was all about the conscious hiphop like ATCQ and de la soul. i'm very glad i did. i introduced him to afx etc but he introduced me to this stuff.

definitely.

big time beastie boys freak here... really sad about MCA's passing, I've been listening to them for the last weeks, almost nonstop.

I've always thought that Check Your Head was their highlight, Paul's Boutique is on par with it, and Ill Communication and Hello Nasty are wicked in their own right. Their last few releases were misses, for me.

Finger lickin' good ya'll, man that track amps me up.

well, testament to the man that we're still talking about it nearly three weeks later. even among socially awkward idm nerds MCA's death had a big fucking impact

definitely.

most definitely. hello nasty is a monster, up there with the best beasties releases.

haha

if no one has mentioned it, everyone should own the criterion collection beastie boys video anthology. maybe my favorite dvd release of all time.

Archived