IGNORED

Watmm, lets have your Jungle

chassis

Many Thanks!

I've seen that GEJ blog. All of the links are basically dead, due to the website being inactive. A real tragedy.

I will have lots of fun checking out this new one though!

:beer:

Anyone remember a jungle tune that samples The Beatles all the lonely people?

I remember it having nice filtering action going on, but can't find it on youtube :( .

I bought a crate of records from my friend who got it at a swap meet for like 10 bucks. He had no idea what was in there.Turns out it was part of DJ Soul Slinger's (Liquid Sky/Jungle Sky Records) personal collection of vinyl. Tons of early-late 90's UK dnb, jungle stuff.. incl test pressings, promos, and even acetates. That's where I found my Hangable Autobulb 1 as well as an Autechre LP, some Warp compilation (Elektroworld, i think)... photek, the orb, dj krush, panasonic (pan sonic), etc etc- buncha rare stuff. I even found Afrika Bambaataa - Fire (Soul Slinger remix) original acetate.

Anyway, i tracked down the poor dude, and emailed him about the records, and he said he lost them while here in Phoenix, and that I should look after them until he comes back. It's been 2 years. No word.

They sit in a crate in my room.

If he does come back, I really hope he lets me keep his HAB 1.. maybe even the Zend Avista or Rude 66 or..Dj Spooky/Tim Plotkin promo sampler... fuck there's so much cool shit in there it blows my mind. i just had to get this off my chest to people who would care about such cool records haha.

I bought a crate of records from my friend who got it at a swap meet for like 10 bucks. He had no idea what was in there.Turns out it was part of DJ Soul Slinger's (Liquid Sky/Jungle Sky Records) personal collection of vinyl. Tons of early-late 90's UK dnb, jungle stuff.. incl test pressings, promos, and even acetates. That's where I found my Hangable Autobulb 1 as well as an Autechre LP, some Warp compilation (Elektroworld, i think)... photek, the orb, dj krush, panasonic (pan sonic), etc etc- buncha rare stuff. I even found Afrika Bambaataa - Fire (Soul Slinger remix) original acetate.

Anyway, i tracked down the poor dude, and emailed him about the records, and he said he lost them while here in Phoenix, and that I should look after them until he comes back. It's been 2 years. No word.

If he does come back, I really hope he lets me keep his HAB 1.. maybe even the Zend Avista or Rude 66 or..Dj Spooky/Tim Plotkin promo sampler... fuck there's so much cool shit in there it blows my mind. i just had to get this off my chest to people who would care about such cool records haha.

thats an awesome story if true. soul slinger is one of my fav djs

When I have a moment, I'll upload some photos of some of that vinyl. What was fun was using the discogs site to figure out what those promos and test pressings were by the catalog numbers on the runout grooves. Some I haven't even found. Like one of the Jungle Sky test pressings are a catalog number that I can't find anywhere. There's also a white label promo that's mislabled as Cherry Tree or something and it turns out that it's a Morcheeba promo. All kinds of cool stuff in there.

thats an awesome story if true. soul slinger is one of my fav djs

When I have a moment, I'll upload some photos of some of that vinyl. What was fun was using the discogs site to figure out what those promos and test pressings were by the catalog numbers on the runout grooves. Some I haven't even found. Like one of the Jungle Sky test pressings are a catalog number that I can't find anywhere. There's also a white label promo that's mislabled as Cherry Tree or something and it turns out that it's a Morcheeba promo. All kinds of cool stuff in there.

Man. I'm really curious what you have in there. Definitely snap some pics or make an inventory ( I only really care about the Jungle records tho :D ).

I bet there's some gold in there.

It's funny you mention the HAB vinyl.

Just today, for some reason, I was regretting a memory of when I was in college. I was at a friend of a friend's place and he had a crate of records that I was thumbing through. He was an ex-raver and said he didn't spin anymore and barely listened to the records.

He told me I could take whatever I wanted. He had a lot of great stuff, including the HAB 1 & 2 vinyls... not to mention a ton of other great stuff.

I thought he was just fucking with me so I didn't take anything, but I think he was actually dead serious.

He probably thought that I must have no clue about good music because who else would knowingly pass on those kinds of things?

Anyway, it wasn't a smart move.

:facepalm:

Anyone remember a jungle tune that samples The Beatles all the lonely people?

I remember it having nice filtering action going on, but can't find it on youtube :( .

Thanks to the power of ragga-jungle messageboard I've found it:

better in memory though..

I'm at work, so can't take any photos atm.. but here is a list I made that I found from my email to Soul Slinger, of just the Jungle Sky/Liquid Sky stuff that was in the crate...

JS001-DJ SOUL SLINGER-JUNGLE LIQUID SKY/ETHIOPIA??

-ORIGINAL ACETATE ON 45, LABEL IS A PIECE OF TAPE, WITH

"ETHIOPIA" WRITTEN ON IT IN BLUE PEN INK

---

??JS002-DJ SOUL SLINGER-ABDUCTED/JUNGLE BOSSA NOVA ??

-ORIGINAL ACETATE ON 45, LABEL IS A PEICE OF TAPE, WITH

"SOUL SLINGER, ABDUCTED, 187 RMX" WRITTEN ON IT IN BLUE PEN INK

---

(JW)JS006-INNAMOST-HERE THE KNOW

-TEST PRESSING, WEA... (DATE: 7-16-96)

(ACCOUNT: CAROLINE)

---

2ND COPY W/ TEST PRESSING QUALITY CONTROL REPORT

---

(TW)JS007-ROCK STONE FOUNDATION-DIS SOUN´

-TEST PRESSING, WEA... (DATE: 4-16-96)

---

JS120-DJ SOUL SLINGER-DONT BELIEVE FULL LENGTH

-TEST PRESSING, WEA... (DATE: 6-18-97)

1. EVOLUTION

2. RRURU

1. MASTERPLAN

2. THE LAW

---

JS123 DJ SOUL SLINGER/DJ WALLY- MADRE TERESA/DIANA EP

-TEST PRESSING, WEA...

---

JS126-YELLOW NOTE EP (YELLOW LABEL, NO MARKINGS)

6 COPIES

ONE TEST PRESSING, WEA... (BAD CONDITION)

---

???JSK160-DJ Soul Slinger & Afrika Bambaataa - Fire (Remix) 1999

ACETATE ORIGINAL... ALL WHITE LABEL WITH BLACK TYPEFONT, 2-SIDED

- "FIRE" VOCAL MIX AND BACK SIDE, "FIRE" INSTRUMENTAL

---

JSK161- ? WHITE LABEL, NO MARKINGS

---

HE117=DJ WALLY-GENETIC FLAW-ALBUM (1997)

---

(TW)HE119-THIS IS HOME ENTERTAINMENT VOL3-EP1-

(ACETATE COPY, SAYS TRUTONE INC. AT TOP, TRACKS: "ANI", AND "TT")

---

Listened to some of this on my old record player that's no longer working, and fuck. Some very cool wobbly, weird jungle/jump up shit in this collection. Those Yellow Note releases are very chill and cool-- kinda liquidy. I highly recommend.

I will post photos soon and send any more info I can put together of the rest of the collection (that's only like 1/8 of it)

Hold onto your hats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJM4SLsfcM8

*edit*

btw...

I'm hunting down some ancient Tech Itch stuff. This guy apparently never put out lackluster tracks... until very recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KQ6ua4qMlBQ

Oh. My. Gosh.

Edited by jefferoo

Hold onto your hats...

*edit*

btw...

I'm hunting down some ancient Tech Itch stuff. This guy apparently never put out lackluster tracks... until very recently.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Not sure it qualifies as Jungle, but fucking massive track IMO. 2:10!

sounds like from the same era as that Nothing track by him!

Edited by StephenG

Hold onto your hats...

*edit*

btw...

Oh. My. Gosh.

Not sure it qualifies as Jungle, but fucking massive track IMO. 2:10!

sounds like from the same era as that Nothing track by him!

That is a classic track, indeed.

I still consider it jungle. DNB. Same shit.

Technically, I guess some people would call it "hardstep" or "darkstep".

Whatev.

Tech Itch has been in a league of his own for a very long time. The guy is a wizard.