IGNORED

How Much Water Is There On Earth?

Joyrex

I wonder how much more water this is, if you were to suck out all of the water of every plant and animal on earth and add it to that?

I wonder how much more water this is, if you were to suck out all of the water of every plant and animal on earth and add it to that?

" The sphere includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as groundwater, atmospheric water, and even the water in you, your dog, and your tomato plant."

Once we start mastering terraforming and similar things, it would be cool to just have floating oceans in space just for dolphins. In millions of years, they would turn into all-conscious spiritual beings that can bend time and space to their will.

That's pretty seapunk

That ball would be bigger if was salt as well as pure water, Thats why the ball is so small since theres no salt

"The sphere includes all the water in the oceans, seas, ice caps, lakes and rivers as well as groundwater, atmospheric water, and even the water in you, your dog, and your tomato plant."

Unless the oceans and seas are now fresh water...................?

To be fair I dont think the salt would make that much of a difference as I think salt is only about 3% of seawater.

What would be a factor is what pressure and temperature that ball is supposed to be at. Cause Ice is like 10% greater in volume than the same amount at above 0 temperatures. But on the list it says all frozen water is only 2% of the overall water.

So that ball is probably fairly accurate.

That what I mean the sea has salt in it but it just says all the water in a ball so therefore no salt is in that ball then

Posted before chassis reply

That what I mean the sea has salt in it but it just says all the water in a ball so therefore no salt is in that ball then

Posted before chassis reply

that makes sense, sorry.

sup get outta here

who is sup?

Guest Gary C

I would have liked to see a better representation of the drained oceans. Imagine a photograph out across what would be a beach and ocean, but instead it's a deep cavern as far as the horizon like the Grand Canyon. But not as pretty as the Grand Canyon, just a dark, harsh, craggy scar with dead fish and ships littered in the foreground.

Someone find that for me.

Archived