IGNORED

Women and the IDMz

Ifeelspace

Firstly, I have absolutely zero stats to back up this, but my feeling is that most women simply don't 'get' idm, or electronic music in general. And it's not just on the listening side, but the production side too. 99% of producers and listeners seem to be male.

Have any of you found it ever so slightly frustrating that the lady in your life does not appreciate the music you cherish in the same way that you do?

I realise there are female posters here who love the idmz, I'm not having a dig in general, just curious as to why it's so male-oriented.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the reason is:

girls just wanna have fun

it's all they really want

to have fun

oh ae pls u kno u still numbah 1

but girls they wanna haz fun

Its a brotherhood thing. When AFX invented IDM he was sort of an outcast/recluse, he wasn't into women he was into male bonding and stuff like that. He would gather all his male friends and play music for them, he would also wrestle them naked in the rain to the sounds of Autechre's windwind.

---

All joking aside, i don't know where are you getting that "99%", i have been to loads of "IDM" gigs and there were plenty of ladies.

If i say it three times whilst looking in the mirror, will the aphex appear?

IDMz

IDMz

IDMz

Hell, apologies if this thread is a pain in your azz, i'm just curious. Bugs the shit outta me that most women i know don't seem to enjoy listening to electronic music

Guest ruiagnelo

Hell, apologies if this thread is a pain in your azz, i'm just curious. Bugs the shit outta me that most women i know don't seem to enjoy listening to electronic music

that's because your mom is the only lady you know

photo-10517.jpg

Guest ruiagnelo

Women have smaller bodies, so they do have smaller brains too.

gay marriage and women/idm threads in a single week

watmm -> always in the forefront of social discussion

My girlfriend doesn't listen to anything but "IDM".

I would imagine in that cold dark cellar, tied to that chair, it would be pretty hard for her not to

My girlfriend doesn't listen to anything but "IDM".

I would imagine in that cold dark cellar, tied to that chair, it would be pretty hard for her not to

It's called a cold room.

I don't have a cellar.

Guest ruiagnelo

If this board proves anything with all its "girls" threads. Its not that women dont get IDM, its that you dont get women.

and IDM as well

/thread

If this board proves anything with all its "girls" threads. Its not that women dont get IDM, its that you dont get women.

Is that a quote from the sisterhood of the traveling pants?

Alot of girls that like IDM have mental problems of some sort. I know some that are completely normal but they're also taken. That's why I'll end my life alone with a right hand bigger than my torso.

Guest ruiagnelo

Alot of girls that like IDM have mental problems of some sort. I know some that are completely normal but they're also taken. That's why I'll end my life alone with a right hand bigger than my torso.

idm, women

you need to make a decision

can't have both

Archived