IGNORED

Just an unofficial heads up.

pcock

for the record, i actually think campfire headphase is the nicest album, so thats how much of a rubbish fan i am.

During the BOC drought I made myself listen to this album a bit more as I was never much of a fan of it. Now I appreciate it a lot more, and there are indeed some great tracks on it. (Which should be obvious, considering who made it!)

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to me, this is more solid than mdg's vague titbits.

LOL - when will people get the simple equation that MDG does NOT equal "High decision maker within Hexagon Sun responsible for A&R" - he's just someone who is close to Mike and Marcus and tries to impart information when it's available, and (here's the important bit, take notes) is subject to change.

As for the OP's statement from his friend: no comment.

at this point I would not be surprised if BOC does not really know by themselves when exactly they are going to release it. maybe now they do but there was a time when they did not. even people involved pretty close by doing cover-art or remixes do not seem to know when it will be out. even steve beckett seems unsure. prove me wrong about this. all facts did not stand the proof of time. at least beckett was clever enough to not point out a specific date. still fans will eat everything up you give them which is pretty amazing given the amount of time this is going on now.

at this point I would not be surprised if BOC does not really know by themselves when exactly they are going to release it. maybe now they do but there was a time when they did not. even people involved pretty close by doing cover-art or remixes do not seem to know when it will be out. even steve beckett seems unsure. prove me wrong about this. all facts did not stand the proof of time. at least beckett was clever enough to not point out a specific date. still fans will eat everything up you give them which is pretty amazing given the amount of time this is going on now.

Beckett wouldn't know until BoC said "here's the album", so it would be foolish of him to state otherwise. WARP's relationships with their artists is vastly different than the traditional record label.

I would still wager that the new "album" never sees the light of day :shrug:

I'll take that wager - name your price.

I would still wager that the new "album" never sees the light of day :shrug:

I'll take that wager - name your price.

The clothes on my back. If the album does come out, i wont be needing them anymore, cause ill be dead by then

But really, I'd love to keep an optimistic attitude. A new BoC album would be great! But i think it's better to assume it never comes out so that if it does, it'll be a nice surprise

But really, I'd love to keep an optimistic attitude. A new BoC album would be great! But i think it's better to assume it never comes out so that if it does, it'll be a nice surprise

The latest statement by The Black Dog about doing a remix for BOC gave me a positive outlook that there will be something at some point at least. I really got into his recent work and its a nice way to spend your time while waiting for the release. Also WARP does everything to keep fans happy by giving away new BOC-shirts from time to time and by updating their facebook and youtube.

still a boc fan after all these years. here's to hoping

yeah their releases have a timeless quality many current releases do not have. maybe because the tools used did already pass the test long before. aphex does it too by using instruments and certain elements in his music that are much older than the actual release so he can be sure they stay fresh for a long time. not many current producers do this.

Guest sirch

I agree ^ , this is the best and sanest way to be/think about all things BoC atm.

and personally i don't really believe there will be a remix by black dog, anytime soon, if ever.

think that was a load of old balls, tbh.

The latest statement by The Black Dog about doing a remix for BOC gave me a positive outlook that there will be something at some point at least. I really got into his recent work and its a nice way to spend your time while waiting for the release. Also WARP does everything to keep fans happy by giving away new BOC-shirts from time to time and by updating their facebook and youtube.

WARP doesn't have control or update their Facebook or YouTube pages, FYI.

How did your friend phase it exactly? So hard to tell when people are totally lying over the interwebs!

I 'connect' very with this new clear dawn shite, the website, and all that. would love to hear what kind of twist they do with this kind of theme, if that is even what it will be. heres to hoping for an album thisyear!

Guest Duuuncan

Just a thought: maybe suggest how you know he knows them. As in if he is just a friend who told you "I know BoC" but that's all you have ever been told about the situation then it's likely he is full of shit.

Well, my mate's girlfriend's brother's best mate's cousin knows a Glasgow taxi driver who recently gave one of the BOC brothers a lift into town. Apparently he was told there's a double album on the way.

It must be true then.

Well, my mate's girlfriend's brother's best mate's cousin knows a Glasgow taxi driver who recently gave one of the BOC brothers a lift into town. Apparently he was told there's a double album on the way.

It must be true then.

482951_o.gif

Guest liquiday

It must be true then.

>topic

Archived