265 members have voted

1. 1. What say you?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Meh

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's one of his best albums to date - this album has more of a theme and "environment" it puts you in more so than any of his previous releases.

Since some of you have been listening hard to the latest SQP, what do you say? There seems to be some question on how it's been received among WATMMites.

10K on "Yay" winning by a landslide! :sup:

edit: where is the friggin sup-smiley!?

On first few plays I very much like it. Not sure about 3rd, 4th and 5th tracks (second side of the vinyl), they seemed a bit dodgy but the rest of it sounds very good to me. Bearing in mind I haven't even bothered with the last 3 or 4 Squarepusher albums, I am happy with this new one.

Some people seem to be complaining about this or that and I don't see what's so bad. Sounds bloody awesome to me.

oh my is it possible that i'm not listening to the right album? wtf dudes i really don't get the "this is his best album" :facepalm:

Perhaps you downloaded one of the fake leaked* albums? :trollface:

*NOTE: There are no Ufabulum fakes as far as I'm aware.

oh my is it possible that i'm not listening to the right album? wtf dudes i really don't get the "this is his best album" :facepalm:

is it possible that you are reading the right thread? none of the replies have claimed it to be hist best album.

I generally dislike how restricted the album is and how much of a strong theme it has. Go plastic and Ultravisitor had strong themes to them, but they didn't do so with such a restricted sound pallet. The restrictions are unnecessary.

But I voted yay, because, even though I don't like it as much as Go plastic and Ultravisitor, I still like it. There are some crazy basslines in there.

It's likely that you just have terrible taste in everything, TIMJ

I think it's one of his best albums to date

lol

i like your style

Perhaps you downloaded one of the fake leaked* albums? :trollface:

*NOTE: There are no Ufabulum fakes as far as I'm aware.

i sure hope so :(

oh, i hadn't read the small print :facepalm:

Guest ruiagnelo

Like i have said in another thread, it's fabulum.

It's definitely one of his best records and took me a while to understand its cheeseness

I still haven't listened to this, actually. But saying "one of the best" != "the best." It could be one of the best and still an order of magnitude of Objective Musical Quality Units (μQ) below the best.

My 2 cents (after just 1 listen to subject to a great deal of change)

4001 - I used to be into trance so i can't hate this. Some will find it too cheesy. 6/10

Unreal Square - Would be a lot better without the annoying chip tune's 'melody', but still a nice track. 7/10

Stadium Ice - Hmm. I think this track is a bit 'meh' for the first three minutes, The last minute or so is nice enough i suppose. 5/10

Energy Wizard - Sounds like a Wisp track title. Sounds a bit like Wisp. I quite like Wisp. 7/10

Red In Blue - I don't see the point in this track. Frankly, it's dull 3/10

The Metallurgist - Nice drum work, sounds a bit more like squarepusher. 8/10

Drax 2 - Again nice drum work. Not my favourite track though. 8/10

Dark Steering - I wanna listen to this whilst driving a ridiculously fast car down an Autobahn. I frikking love Dark Steering. 9/10

303 Scopem Hard - Good stuff. 8/10

Ecstatic Shock - Nice way to close the album, ending with some more trance (!) 8/10

Overall for me it's probably a 7 or 8 out of 10. Not earth shattering, but I'm damn sure I will be listening to it many times

is it possible that you are reading the right thread? none of the replies have claimed it to be hist best album.

"one of his best" does not = his best.

not that it particularly matters to me but, i'm quite confused by the this is michael jackson posts. plees set the record straight michael, do you enjoy the ufabulum?

"one of his best" does not = his best.

And to expand on that, I really don't think (for me) Squarepusher has a "best" album - Squarepusher is one of those artists who make really, really good tracks, but never a whole album of them - I can't think of a single album of his that was all hits for me from beginning to end. That being said, some of his good tracks I think transcend the album container and stand alone in their greatness - who would argue against that being said about tracks like Tundra, Cooper's World, Planetarium, or even Dark Steering?

I will say that Ufabulum is the best Squarepusher release since Hello Everything - I didn't get into Just a Souvenir or Shobaleader One as much, even though they have standout tracks as well.

not that it particularly matters to me but, i'm quite confused by the this is michael jackson posts. plees set the record straight michael, do you enjoy the ufabulum?

I don't think he even knows himself.

Archived