IGNORED

Thomas Köner - Novaya Zemlya

Tauhid

Guest Lucy Faringold

Snaffled the mp3s (VBR) from Amazon for £2.67. Bargain ;-)

Really loving this album. Koner is so good at transporting the listener.

does he use paul stretch all the time? lol

Nothing like that (thankfully - that's become the sonic equivalent of the hipstermatic effect that seems to be on everything these days), just simple resampling at lower pitches (generally a couple of octaves). It definitely corroborates what he told you about using mostly just regular instruments as a sound source.

does he use paul stretch all the time? lol

Nothing like that (thankfully - that's become the sonic equivalent of the hipstermatic effect that seems to be on everything these days), just simple resampling at lower pitches (generally a couple of octaves). It definitely corroborates what he told you about using mostly just regular instruments as a sound source.

I tried resampling his tracks in live and it sounds really interesting like snippets of a normal very good movie sounddesign. neat find. He said he records his stuff in a common fashion and shifts or isolates overtones sometimes.

Snaffled the mp3s (VBR) from Amazon for £2.67. Bargain ;-)

Really loving this album. Koner is so good at transporting the listener.

koner in mp3 is :wtf: , you could be missing a lot of important frequencies.

very much agree with koner being able to transport the listener.

track 3 on this album is really incredible, it forced me to stop doing everything and just submerge myself in it, and when those muted piano notes hit...must be the most beautiful moment in koner discography i remember, after tabula smaragdina of course.

when those muted piano notes hit...must be the most beautiful moment in koner discography i remember

Just reached that bit myself - goooooorrrgeous ! It's like a much more minimal and delicate version of Brian Eno and Harold Budd's The Plateaux Of Mirror (if that's possible !)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If flying out to London didn't cost a $1,000 I'd be going to that Touch 30 event, haha. Let us know how it is. Looks like a dream line-up. The workshops look interesting as well.

Archived