IGNORED

Rare AFX Blog

Guest aeioux

Why does the blog list "Equation"? It's not exactly rare. I guess he/she/it just wanted to link to the "demon face" video on YouTube.

It might also have to do with there being an early version of it called "crappy" that was played on a radio programme...

Guest sirch

i don't know what to believe anymore.

Review by Topher74May 03, 2005(edited over 7 years ago)

I met RDJ in late 2000 and asked him what Universal Indicator tracks were his. He answered: "half the tracks on the red one". I was surprised he didn't mention more. I asked: "nothing on the green one ?" since it is the most Aphexy-sounding to me. And he replied: "no... the red one". Maybe he was just messing with me, but 6 months ahead, he told me about the creation of his new MEN label (which came true) and confirmed the existence of the Q-Chastic double-12" with no plans to re-release it. This is what he said to me. What you believe is now up to you ! :)

http://www.discogs.c...d/release/16817

i'd go with believing what somebody who's actually met him has said Richard actually told him face-to-face, personally.

rather than loose infos passed from person to person via the internets.

even though there's a chance he might've been talking rubbish...

but why would he (AFX) lie about that? wouldn't he more probably lie/exaggerate about something to make himself seem better?

like the "6 albums" thing. so why say you'd only done half the tracks on the red one? and not, 'yeah i did it all'. doesn't really make sense?)

Guest sirch

& why Martin Tressider? Bradley Striders? GAK? [Power-Pill?] The Tuss? He also lies about these names that they're not him...

well the whole Tuss thing is rather different to the other lies/stories/funny bullshit.

Why does the blog list "Equation"? It's not exactly rare. I guess he/she/it just wanted to link to the "demon face" video on YouTube.

It might also have to do with there being an early version of it called "crappy" that was played on a radio programme...

"Crappy" is dealt with in the Unreleased tracks section. Listed twice there, actually.

exactly. why lie that you'd only done half the tracks on the red one..?

Maybe just to f*ck with people. No other reason. Create dialogue. Mystery. ...Conversations like this. Then again, maybe he was telling the truth. We'll probably never know for sure (;

Maybe just to f*ck with people. No other reason. Create dialogue. Mystery. ...Conversations like this. Then again, maybe he was telling the truth. We'll probably never know for sure (;

Talking (or emailing) Richard face-to-face versus what he tells journos or otherwise is night and day - I found in the time I communicated with him, he was a down-to-earth, realistic person who didn't dodge questions or skirt around stuff like that - nothing like he gets portrayed by the journalists - why he would say that to someone (keeping in mind what I just said) makes no sense, unless there's a more complicated story behind it, or he felt it was better at that moment to be evasive about it, if he thought this person might go spreading what he said (which by now, he should probably know anything he makes a statement on to certain people is going to end up being repeated online, etc.

It was like the story I heard (after Mike P confirmed Bradley Strider was Richard) that Manuel Sepulveda (guy who appears on Brad's Robot's vinyl label, and was the co-designer for the DrukQs packaging, and other releases) created the Bradley Strider EPs on Richard's equipment, hence why it sounded like his work. I find that laughable at best, but it goes to show you how these rumours or statements put out by legit people or otherwise can blossom and grow into pseudo-truth.

Richard could come on here and post and contradict everything I just said; doesn't mean it's exactly proof otherwise, especially when there's evidence to the contrary.

My personal theory is these artists like the mystique built up around their professional personas, as it keeps the journos guessing, the fans titillated, and hopefully buying more records. Sometimes it backfires, or goes further than they expected it to, but for the most part, it ultimately benefits them if they're still getting a cheque on a regular basis.

Guest NinjaRapAttack

My personal theory is these artists like the mystique built up around their professional personas, as it keeps the journos guessing, the fans titillated, and hopefully buying more records. Sometimes it backfires, or goes further than they expected it to, but for the most part, it ultimately benefits them if they're still getting a cheque on a regular basis.

Bingo! It's good game they play... and it works most of the time. I still think Photodementia has some RDJ involvement, here and there. While mainly feeling like Gerald overall, some of the pads and tone on a few tracks scream Richard. If it isn't him, someone has definitely tapped into that afx vibe. Gerald, on his own, hasn't really explored that mood.

Guest sirch

what i meant was, if you're gonna lie about it then why not say 'yeah it was all me... and there's 3 more UI EP's in the vaults too that i don't think i'll release just yet. i can't be bothered at the moment, even though they're wicked,.. i'm just chillin..'

that's an interesting lie!

not, "i only did half the tracks on the red one".

i don't see what could be gained from him saying that. other than confusing/fucking with people for the sake of it.

but because he said it to a random fan, face-to-face, i think it's probably true.

but who knows... i might be talking shit and completely wrong.

I agree. this is basically it, to a T. but they don't all do it. just a few.

Edited by sirch

CREDITS:

SF-101, 381/W, ACO, PBoD, GWC, RYAN J TERRELL, JOYREX [WATMM], WATMM MEMBERS

Good thing the only people that care about this type of stuff are members of this forum.

The credits are different now:

CREDITS:

SF-101, 381/W, ACO, AFX, GWC, RYAN J TERRELL

Edited by bighairycellar

Guest aeioux

CREDITS:

Good thing the only people that care about this type of stuff are members of this forum.

CREDITS:

Yep, sorrry guys we credited Joyrex (and you guys) without asking really. Me and Joyrex swapped rareties years ago, but appreciate that here on WATMM everything is above board so to speak. Same goes on RARE AFX too (almost everything we link to is on Youtube), just being close to the core we had a few extra bits and pieces from over the years, not all linked to yet.

Apologies for any errors on our site, we built it pretty quick from our own AFX discographies/collections and upgraded our own memories as we went. We'll keep maintaining/correcting it as we go. Feedback is always welcome.

And re: Morley 1992, We were there...

aeioux/sf101 :beer:

CREDITS:

CREDITS:

Yep, sorrry guys we credited Joyrex (and you guys) without asking really. Me and Joyrex swapped rareties years ago, but appreciate that here on WATMM everything is above board so to speak. Same goes on RARE AFX too (almost everything we link to is on Youtube), just being close to the core we had a few extra bits and pieces from over the years, not all linked to yet.

Apologies for any errors on our site, we built it pretty quick from our own AFX discographies/collections and upgraded our own memories as we went. We'll keep maintaining/correcting it as we go. Feedback is always welcome.

And re: Morley 1992, We were there...

aeioux/sf101 :beer:

Hey, no offense taken at crediting me - drop me a PM and remind me who you were way back when - I may have some other stuff you might be interested in :wink:

Guest EskimoSpy

Wow... thank you so much for posting this. You just made my week. Just the other day I was shouting loudly to my roommate over "Every Day" saying something to the effect of "I'd give my right nut to know where the hell his vocal samples from this era came from, especially 'get me another tie, get me another shirt, get me another wooly'"... YESSSSS

So now you know, will you be surgically removing your right nut? Sounds ghastly. What tools will you use? I think garden sheers and duck tape should do the job. That would get Aphex some publicity

"Aphex Twin fan savages his testicles with garden tools"

Selected Mutilated Junks, 2002-2012

lolol. by the way, said guy is cool, dunno if he's hopped on the forum but I've shot him an email and we've corresponded. I told him to reach out to our vast network of knowledge and supposition.

Edit: I see that he has, it looks like. Also, look ma! I'm in the credits!

Edited by EskimoSpy

The list is missing "Windowlicker (Demo Version)" and "Windowlicker (End-Roll Version)" from the Japanese CD single.

Also, the two Penderecki remixes should be under Unreleased.

Edited by bighairycellar

Guest steveffisher

The list is missing "Windowlicker (Demo Version)" and "Windowlicker (End-Roll Version)" from the Japanese CD single.

Windowlicker Demo is in 'tracks'. End-roll is in 'Unreleased tracks/remixes'.

Windowlicker Demo is in 'tracks'.

Not that Windowlicker demo, this Windowlicker demo:

[media=]

[/media]

End-roll is in 'Unreleased tracks/remixes'.

Thanks. It's in the wrong category, then.

Edited by bighairycellar

Guest aeioux

Not that Windowlicker demo, this Windowlicker demo:

[media=]

[/media]

Thanks BHC - now added to TRACKS :music:

Guest aeioux

fwiw i've now added a Live/DJ page to RARE AFX - and must give thanks to PBoD and all the WATMM'ers who fed back on his Live list elsewhere on this blog.

The page at RARE AFX is cross-referenced with 2 or 3 other sources, our own collections, and then further researched on individual events using Google.

As always, feedback/corrections are welcomed - it's a HUGE list, and quite eye-opening just how much touring RDJ has done recently (possibly due to his personal life) as well as particularly quiet years.

http://rareafx.wordpress.com/livedj-2/

rgds

aeioux

:aphexsign: