IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

hm what a composition. very european, placing tomatoes under the meat is a big disgrace, the chances of getting a tomato-bun combo (with no meat at all) into your (metaphorically speaking) greedy mouth are radically enhanced.

Big macs suck. The meat McDonald's uses for their burgers tastes like wads of paper. And the buns are crap. The importance of the bun is so underestimated, that's the big downside to most burger chains. That and the quality of the meat. A good burger is hard to find.

how about not going to a burger chain?

i like this small place called Burgermeester that do a couple nice burgers. Blonde d'Aquitaine beef with pancetta and real cheddar, or Texels lamb with chorizo and jalapenos, or, or... they use (pretty soft) kaiserbrod style buns.. and they do cute mini-versions as well, for half-price:

burgermeester02.jpg

That looks ok

It's funny this thread came up as I was just thinking about getting some fresh ground meat from the butcher and making hamburgers... I want to see what a difference freshly ground meat has on taste and texture versus pre-ground meat that's been there for god knows how long and god only knows what's in it.

It's funny this thread came up as I was just thinking about getting some fresh ground meat from the butcher and making hamburgers... I want to see what a difference freshly ground meat has on taste and texture versus pre-ground meat that's been there for god knows how long and god only knows what's in it.

It's very different if you know how to do it well.

One meat I wanna eat but never did is Kobe Beef

kobe-beef.jpg

5647278_5e76c1090c.jpg

hm what a composition. very european, placing tomatoes under the meat is a big disgrace, the chances of getting a tomato-bun combo (with no meat at all) into your (metaphorically speaking) greedy mouth are radically enhanced.

i agree, bottom bun should be kept tomato-free.

burger_top.gif

tomatoe

free

burger_bottom.gif

and WTF, kobe beef is pretty common. the place i mentioned serves kobe burgers, and butchers sell it (not that great, kinda pricy too).

AFAIK there isn't a restriction on the use of the word "Kobe" outside of Japan, and most places that sell "Kobe" are using it as a marketing term, typically for local (non-Japanese) wagyu beef. Real Kobe beef comes from literally a couple cows, in Japan, and is not sold outside of Japan.

I haven't had a fast food burger in years, including In-N-Out, which is so overrated. I fucking hate that well done hockey puck shit.

But there are many delicious burgers in LA. I will take a picture the next time I eat one.

Edited by baph

that well done hockey puck shit

with a molten Post-It note on top

Seriously. The last time someone asked me if I wanted "Amerikun Cheez" on something I PUNCHED THEM IN THE COCK

Too bad you can only eat it in japan

They sell kobe internationally..? it's usually expensive though.

Nope.

True. But you can get Wagyu meat outside of Japan.

yep, you got it. one bad pun but plenty good buns.

as long as there is no gouda involved, it's all good.

Gouda doesn't really melt well eh?

their freakiest burger at the moment is the Smoked Mackerel one. it involves springonion, cabbage, and horseradish paste. wtf.

anyhow my mate Sicco (his real name) worked there and he reckoned that the grill wasn't very good. sear that thing with max temp pls!

Nope.

Uhm, yes?

Premium Cut Direct here imports it from Japan weekly?

It's not like it's restricted from leaving the borders of Japan. You can buy Wagyu at pretty much every grocery store here, and just have to go to specialty shops to buy Kobe.

Nope.

Why wouldn't you be able to get kobe beef outside of Japan? :wacko:

Unless all of the places here are lying and selling it as Kobe when it's only kobe style?

I don't see how they could get away with that at 175$ a lb though, while advertising that it is genuinely from Kobe cattle..

Unless all of the places here are lying and selling it as Kobe when it's only kobe style?

I don't see how they could get away with that at 175$ a lb though, while advertising that it is genuinely from Kobe cattle..

Yep.

Nope.

Yes but waygu =/= kobe

YALL ELITIST CUNTS CAN GO GOBBLE A BAG OF PHALLUS

I'M SNACKING ON A MOTHERFUCKING FISHING CAT

Interesting! Learn something new every day.

Hopefully I don't find out the bluefin tuna here is just yellowfin with food colouring.

lol

Edit: there should be laws or some sort of authority to report these crooks to, false advertising and all that shit innit?

Edited by StephenG