IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

now you have to get another burger ?

I was reading some food website that linked from somewhere and got diverted into another page on their website through some pretty heavy duty click bait trolling headline. nwae, the article was an interview with a chinese chef from sydney, and he used to live in the US and said that their burgers were way better than ours and worse than that, that we make the worst burgers in the world !! When having to list reasons, one was that we put beetroot on our burgers (which we do, what's wrong with that, beetroot is great) and in wedges (umm, no we don't put on wedges, where did you buy this burger again, was it at some wank gastrocafé because i've only ever had sliced beetroot, and if you think about it, it's slices because in that shape it won't be shot out of the side of the burger when you are trying to eat it.) Next he complains that we put an egg on our burgers, well who gives a fuck, you don't have to get egg on it, he must have ordered the burger with the lot, hence the egg. That said, what's wrong with egg, if you eat in south east asia, you are going to encounter a lot of fried eggs randomly place on top of things that you order do you have a beef with them too? And i'm sure if the idea to place it in a burger came from the US, well putting either beetroot or eggs on burgers, then surely it would be the most innovative thing you have ever beard of, i am pretty sure this would be the attitude of this crude pointless twuntlinger. If you like the burgers over there so much mate, you are welcome to fuck off back there. bye. Enjoy the low rates of pay and diminishing business opportunities.

It's strange, unnoticed by me, working at night and not bothering to get out and about for things i can cook at home, we seem to be going through some sort of burger thing here at the moment. Local chains have sprung up offering a guaranteed minimum standard of burger and chips (this was always available at pubs, which hire actual chefs so the chips were always good, etc), this has then morphed into smaller establishments "going to the source" (so american deli style cheese, brioche buns) and making menus exclusively based off of what i assume are american hipster burger concepts, so you can get stuff like mac and cheese in the burger even deep fried mac and cheese as the bun !! i wonder what our chinese chef friend would have to say about that sacrilege, oh but it's an idea from the US so it must be praised and obeyed. I'd say that he's just jumping on the current bandwagon of US style upmarket hip burger shacks opening up, it's the cupcake fad but for men.

Anyway, this is the burger thread, and i just ate a burger, didn't take a photo because my phone camera is a bit blurry, so i don't do that anymore. But i got the thing off the menu in the place that i regularly visit, called "the big queenslander", filled with queensland goodness like beetroot, pineapple and of course, a fucking egg. heh, /waves flag in inappropriate manner /uses it to wipe off meat juices

not familiar with so i cant comment on beetroot, but pineapple and an egg on a burger? wtf

actually i have wondered about eggs on there but never tried it

i suppose pineapple might work but itd totally change the tone of the burger, kind of like when you put it on pizza

oh but pineapple and egg on the same burger definitely sounds wack to me

go back to australia delet

Edited by MisterE

not familiar with so i cant comment on beetroot, but pineapple and an egg on a burger? wtf

i suppose pineapple might work but itd totally change the tone of the burger, kind of like when you put it on pizza

Pineapple is fairly common on burgers, usually bbq'ed/grilled with a slab of bacon on it.

Egg is also fairly common on burgers.

^^ around here in Canad'er anyway

But you're right the combination of pineapple and eggs is strange. And I've heard of pickled beetroot on burgers, but never in combo with pineapple and egg!

weird

Edited by StephenG

I don't have a selfmade pic - but daaamn, pretty much addicted to Schiller Burger:

http://www.schillerburger.com

schiller-burger-0647.jpg

don't look very special huh? but everything about them is great, especially the texture/density of meat & bun.

delicious

other burger shops around here don't come close to this.

if you're visiting Berlin make sure to not miss out on these bitchin' burgers.

if they're sweet potatoe chips i don't want to know.

Pineapple is fairly common on burgers, usually bbq'ed/grilled with a slab of bacon on it.

Egg is also fairly common on burgers.

^^ around here in Canad'er anyway

But you're right the combination of pineapple and eggs is strange. And I've heard of pickled beetroot on burgers, but never in combo with pineapple and egg!

weird

maybe it's a commonwealth countries thing. If we had some south africans on here they could tell us. Also it's not pickled beetroot.

I don't have a selfmade pic - but daaamn, pretty much addicted to Schiller Burger:

http://www.schillerburger.com

schiller-burger-0647.jpg

don't look very special huh? but everything about them is great, especially the texture/density of meat & bun.

delicious

other burger shops around here don't come close to this.

if you're visiting Berlin make sure to not miss out on these bitchin' burgers.

That looks REALLY good.

maybe it's a commonwealth countries thing. If we had some south africans on here they could tell us. Also it's not pickled beetroot.

It's just straightup beet? Interesting. I wouldn't say no to trying it. The earthiness of the beet would probably go nicely with the beef.

it's sliced then tinned or bottled beetroot, so no pickling which requires vinegar, just some water with probably some sugar syrup and preservatives added which is then sealed up to be placed on a burger or sandwich later. Surely you've eaten this before, beets are inherently sweet and juicy and have a firm crisp texture which is welcome on the palette amongst the other textures and flavours in a burger, to me at least.

• 2 weeks later...

that was in my top 5 burgers of all time....seriously decent

Looks groundbreaking! That melt of the cheese and onions covering the patty is like the equivalent of when you're in the shower and realize your beer/burger belly is so huge you can't see your junk without tilting your head down :beer:

Edited by Lane Visitor

• 1 month later...

Really shitty pic, but I had a wagyu mini-burger at a fancy restaurant today. I also learnt what wagyu is (wiki says "any of several breeds of cattle, the most desired of which is genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from such wagyu cattle is known for its quality"). It's a small burger with just the meat, a square of really good cheddar and a pickle slice. So good, could've eaten a dozen of those

jGqMebX.jpg

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

Not sure if I'm a fan of this new trend of medium rare burgers. It's fine as long as their grinding their own beef (and tastes better of course), but once it becomes a thing you'll have people defrosting mince and serving medium rare burgers and then you'll end up with food poisoning.