IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

On 7/9/2021 at 4:29 AM, Silent Member said:

yeah, just a big pile of lunch meats between two slices of shitty looking bread innit.

katz's is sui generis. don't knock it till you've tried it.

Katz’s is indeed 10/10 but… I’ve been there a dozen times and never seen a burger anywhere. I’m not even sure if they make burgers or not. 
Controversial opinion: Langer’s Deli in LA may actually have a better pastrami sandwich than Katz’s. 
Not to focus too much on pastrami, but this place has what I consider to be the best pastrami, ever…

https://www.uglydrum.com

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure about the shrimp, but I'd definitely put that in my hole

• 3 months later...

Had the displeasure of yet another "gourmet" burger joint that doesn't even bother mentioning they smash their burgers. As if it's the new religion to love extremely greasy trashed patties and happily pay north of €20. The burger was named "Pops", presumably for the floppy cucumber resembling old man dick. 

IMG_20220917_162113.jpg

Earlier example from another place. Just way too greasy which kills any flavor. Dirty fries were great though. 

IMG_20220826_112409.jpg

Two recently homebrewed quickies. Nothing fancy but way better than the above at a fraction of the price. Prefab chuck patties on low heat on the cast iron, gouda/cheddar, Scorpion Tabasco for a few dabs of heat, raw onion, a lot of black pepper plus hickory bearnaise on one, whatever dressing I found in the fridge at the time on the other.

IMG_20220917_180954.jpg

IMG_20220917_181145.jpg

Edited by chim
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've been nothing but disappointed with all the high end burger joints I've tried in the last year. It's all just mediocre overpriced burgers from people bandwagoning, barely above the stuff you could grab for a fraction of the price at any old fastfood joint.

Edit: Sorry no pics.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

'Nudda weekend, 'nudda boiga. Blue cheese, gouda, chili bearnaise, Scorpion Tabasco, Habanero sauce plus some Dijon on the buns. I call it the Nebuliser 'cuz it clears the airways. Great during flu season. 

311165360_1970361476687614_6904745545892013889_n.jpg

Edited by chim
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...