IGNORED

New track, fun videogamey sorta thing

springymajig

Guest Analogue Wings
Rightot

This is pretty much a complete Wisp rip off... I should warn you... but I do quite like it... so any comments would be appreciated

chur!

thanks - i was getting a bit sick of all the emo/ambient in ekt

Guest yan_g of course!

don't like the melody @ 1:13 but apart from that i like this track very much, the panned sounds add a lot, the sounds in general fit well with my tastes :) i like the simple energy of it, good track for going somewhere. don't like the end either (the sound + the chord sequence seem a bit too tech-dance-i-don't-know-what for me) but that's all :)

thx!

yeah man, this was cool - energetic, tounge in cheek.

the only thing i would have added would be a heavier more prominant break (although i guess that's not true to the feel you were after). imho the second section really missed that.

Guest yan_g of course!
Cool thanks... heh... seems more a matter of opinion you're expressing... rahter than anything I did wrong so I guess that's a good sign :)

he where do you draw the line? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hey springy, you have some wicked talent. autumn in albert park is still one of my favorite ekt and ambient tracks ever. you got a knack for melody.

and this isn't wisp.. the beats sound pretty similar, but it's not wisp, i can tell. wisp has his own style, and i fucking hate him, what a dick

reid, you're a dick.

good stuff springy...easy enough listen but much prefer your more natural sound. the closer you are to the likes of resobe or your given ep, the more i like it..

but, this is an interesting departure - good to see you have other skills for sure.

people hate me around here now,since nrthndr came out..hahaha.. :tongue:

completely untrue.

people hated you here long before nrthndr.

:tongue:

good stuff springy...easy enough listen but much prefer your more natural sound. the closer you are to the likes of resobe or your given ep, the more i like it..

but, this is an interesting departure - good to see you have other skills for sure.

people hate me around here now,since nrthndr came out..hahaha.. :tongue:

completely untrue.

people hated you here long before nrthndr.

:tongue:

I will burn your life like a cane field in a high wind.

really digin how it starts, lookz liek itz fazter, and it iz, just liek in da videogames, great!!! luvly melodies, great effect on da beat makin it sound 8 bit or something liek dat... now im loosin it, i guess da beatz could come in harder da 2nd time, i dunno, maybe acompained by a fat bassline or a nu bd or something

7/10

twas only ok, nothing realy breakthrough or anything that makes it stand out.

if you would have not mention that this was a chiptune like track i just would have thought that the samples in the beginning where cheesy.

wasnt much beat progression, me myself like breaks and fillins everywhere.

i also didnt like the high gabber kicks thought that was cheesy but, to the untrained ear it's a good song.

been a while since i heard one of your tracks. or wisp's for that matter (financial aid means I get to buy albums again). but this is some solid videogamey music. something about the layering of the synths just takes advantage of my nostalgia in all the best ways, but it's not used as a crutch. the melodies and beats are on point. have you been incorporating samples or live instrumentation into your stuff at all? I dunno, I think it'd be really cool to throw in some sort of brass instrument or something, keep up the synth aesthetic but try and incorporate some brass sounds in there too. that's just my own preference tho. but yeah, good track.

Hi thanks for the comments.

I really REALLY want to incorporate live instruments into my music but I can't play anything and don't have anything. I recently got a piano (for free) so I'm looking into getting a good microphone for that and stuff. I know someone who plays guitar so I want to do something with him. I would LOOOOVE brass instruments in my music, I love some trakcs with brass instruments or horns, Ezeh did a track with stuff like that a while ago and it's one of my favourite EKT tracks ever.

Archived