IGNORED

Christ - Eveything 50p Bandcamp Sale - Next 7 Days

MDF

i've had all these wonderful treats on various formats for quite some years now. i'm being reminded by this, that i still need to hunt down his hyperact releases

Also note that these have extra hidden tracks on so even if you already own them, maybe worth 50p just for the extras.

I would be curious to hear his previous 2 albums before he signed to Benbecula, judging from tracks like Moxely Moy and Kenderal they should be very good.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought metamorphic reproduction miracle as I vaguely recall it being mentioned here as a good entry point to his musics :beer:

It's my favorite album of his, just the right balance of abstract sounds/melodies and beats, the entire Pylonesque EP is just as good.

He has a new album coming out this summer called "Cathexis - Motion Picture Soundtrack on Parallax Sounds" http://www.parallaxs...ews/4530187515. Hopeful I will like this one in particular, as I prefer his more sound track like music.

As hard as I've tried, and i picked all his stuff up from Bandcamp several months back, I find many of his tunes to lack something. Great offer though, and definitely worth a purchase at that price.

As hard as I've tried, and i picked all his stuff up from Bandcamp several months back, I find many of his tunes to lack something.

yeah, originality. i find most of his stuff to sound like boc, but since he's an ex-boc i let it slide.

i mean, he's great and all, but there's no escaping the fact.

As hard as I've tried, and i picked all his stuff up from Bandcamp several months back, I find many of his tunes to lack something.

yeah, originality. i find most of his stuff to sound like boc, but since he's an ex-boc i let it slide.

i mean, he's great and all, but there's no escaping the fact.

I think there's more than enough of his material that stands on it's own apart from the BoC influence.

I like metamorphic reproduction miracle lp best it sounds like geogaddi b-sides. I just wish the track "odds, evens and primates" and "ray breakout" would get a proper remastering one day.

I think there's more than enough of his material that stands on it's own apart from the BoC influence.

Agreed JR. Apart from maybe parts of the Pylonesque EP I don't think I'd make any connection at all without knowing of his link to Twoism. The man's too talented in his own right to just be seen as 'the bloke who used to be in BoC', which sadly seems to be the case sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
Delicass Harmonium and Yugo 77, two rarities come out from your own Hyperact label in the second half of the 90s, are now quite impossible to be found. Will they be available again one day on your Bandcamp page ?

The million dollar question. I get asked this one a lot. Trouble is, those albums were recorded well over a decade ago. I even look back on the most recent stuff, and think there’s maybe bits I’d do differently, and that feeling gets magnified by the distance between me and the recording, in terms of time passed. You have to put a lid on things sometimes and move forwards. They were both recorded on four-track, and the quality isn’t so good, so they’d require at least a remastering job… I don’t know where the masters are at the moment and I’m not sure that if I started to clean them up I wouldn’t get involved and start changing things… the short answer is "probably not". Just getting legal clearance for a good proportion of the samples would be a nightmare in itself.

http://www.indierockmag.com/article19058.html

Archived