IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

Been on a mild Autechre hiatus for quite some time (maybe a couple of years) I’ve listened just mainly to Elseq now and again but the last few weeks been steadily listening to all their early albums and EPs up to Confield 2001 which has been fantastic. Loved it. My usual favourites of olde still remain and yes Confield just makes perfect sense to me now. An absolute essential AE creation. The biggest cerebral implosion/explosion was courtesy of Corc. LP5 is mostly all killer no filler anyway, but when that started to play I actually had to stop what I was doing (walking) and sit down to let it sink into my spirit and soul. Proper goosebumps on the ? 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Returned to an old favourite, The Microphones - The Glow pt. 2 (2001). Also enjoying POiSON GiRL FRiEND - MELTING MOMENT (1992) and Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Ears (2016) at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a Chain Reaction day, started with Vainqueur, then Substance. Nearly finished Monolake's Hongkong. 

I forgot how good Monolake/Hongkong is. This will probably set me off on a Monolake spree this week - I still need to pick up the last album. 

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Haco Hans Jakob Marco (2003)

The Shutov Assembly (1992)

Paul Mac - Push Came to Shove (2003)

Planetary Assault Systems - Atomic Funkster (2001)

• 4 weeks later...

Listened to a few Mastodon albums yesterday. Remission, Leviathan and Crack The Skye. Been a few years since I played any Mastodon and Crack The Skye is still easily my favourite. Might play this later as I’ve never heard it before 

A05B13D3-439C-4671-8CF3-65A4BF088CE7.jpeg.70870804a80e2b9f9a81bee4abb7cb0e.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf

The remastered edition of Metalvelodrome by Merzbow
Two albums in the the deep house inspired South African style amapiano which is rising in prominence these days:
-DJ Black Low's Uwami
https://djblacklow-southafrica.bandcamp.com/album/uwami

-Teno Afrika's Amapiano Selections
https://tenoafrika.bandcamp.com/album/amapiano-selections

Seth Graham & More Eaze -The Heart Pumps Kool-Aid
https://mondoj.bandcamp.com/album/the-heart-pumps-kool-aid

Asset Without Liability by Incapacitants

• Like 1

Definitely not a band I’m aware of that would be discussed much here on watmm (it’s The War On Drugs). However this is one of my tip-top discoveries in the last year. I love it. And not so keen on much else they’ve done. This is their first album and has such a magnificent tripped out hazy sound to it, whereas their later releases seem a bit boring and because they may of started to take themselves a bit more serious. Slave Ambient is an entirely different beast altogether.

0AC9F3BB-39EB-426C-B007-D9443DB6ACBE.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Playing this now

996436F4-8480-44F6-AE19-0F3C7911E0A4.jpeg

Its ‘experimental jazz’ (yawns) but it’s on Warp Records, and seeing as I am a Reasonable Person and generally regard myself as one of their most loyal and hardened henchmen I thought that maybe should give it a little delicate twirl on the eardrums. It’s actually rather pleasant. Space 1, 3, 6 & 7 seem cool. Maybe I should file this under jazz albums I would play again. With the other 2 or 3 :whistling:

Edited by beerwolf

• 4 weeks later...

Demdike Stare - Wonderland

I just love this album so much. One of my favorites of the past several years. Those rich rough gritty beats soothe my soul

• Like 1

spacer.png

By far my favorite David Bowie. Brian Eno and David Bowie is a combo to be reckoned with indeed.

Menacing, strange, jazzy, melodic, atmospheric, heavy hitting. An experimental,spacey, Neo-Noir soundtrack. Always LOVED the Lost Highway intro with I'm Deranged and the full album did not disappoint.

The mixing/production is densely layered, rich and wide. Sounds glorious.

Superb.

Even the album cover is fucking lush.

10/10

• Like 4

On 11/3/2021 at 4:09 AM, thefxbip said:

spacer.png

By far my favorite David Bowie. Brian Eno and David Bowie is a combo to be reckoned with indeed.

Menacing, strange, jazzy, melodic, atmospheric, heavy hitting. An experimental,spacey, Neo-Noir soundtrack. Always LOVED the Lost Highway intro with I'm Deranged and the full album did not disappoint.

The mixing/production is densely layered, rich and wide. Sounds glorious.

Superb.

Even the album cover is fucking lush.

10/10

I’ve never heard this album. Your passionate description makes me think I should. So I will.

• Like 2

4F49B798-D01A-44AC-89E8-6C5B6812C13E.jpeg.7df73fef7f588adbf2bb589c86aef650.jpeg

I don’t like every track but I played it yesterday and still my favourite tunes hit the spot. Actually it was fucking brilliant giving it a long deserved spin on the CD player ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2