IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

On 2/4/2022 at 3:43 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

just got done listening to the new animal collective record (out today) and it's quite tasty. good blend of exotica and neo-psych.

Yes! Haven’t really listened since Merriweather but this one hits the spot. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice, this old post is still pinned. I've got some catching up to do.

Been into Bowie and T-Rex for a minute, and have no idea how I missed Sparks (especially as an American, didn't know we had it in us back then).

Kimono My House has been on repeat. Male vocalist, effortless falsetto, cabaret delivery, dramatic af. Sure as fuck doesn't follow verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus. Structure is all over. Favorites include "Falling In Love With Myself Again", "Talent is an Asset", and "Barbecutie".

Anyways, hoping to get back into WATMM. I fucking hate Reddit.

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...

7D07F2DD-8CF3-4ABC-A0A8-432C448BDBCF.thumb.jpeg.97f52ba2880af69dbcc557a1ef1ce9a2.jpeg

Sonic Youth - In/Out/In

Nifty new archive release. First two tracks are top tier Sonic Youth, very nice indeed. Can’t tell you about the third, fourth or fifth because they haven’t started yet….. (Well the 3rd one has just started now)

Edited by beerwolf

On 4/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, perunamuusi said:

I love this record so much

image.png.19251d19bc8f9718095d0186887b17fc.png

My best mate Mr Bright was a massive Dinosaur Jnr fan, and that was his favourite album of theirs. I spent a lot of my youth listening to them via his car cassette player. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

don't sleep on the soft hair record. easily one of the best things he's done.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:50 AM, milkface said:

Ohh yeah I recognise the album art, I didn't think to check whether he had material under other names, I'll give it a listen.

don't forget 'la priest'...

soft hair is sam dust aka la priest with connan... 

Oh and this concert is amazing... Those synths, oh my...

Edited by _vow_of_silence_
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, beerwolf said:

Smashing out the oldies left, right and centre for a fresh start 2022. Saved one of the best for last. An incredible, psychedelic rock album of the finest grade. Some tracks are shambolic, a couple not so good but that’s whats gonna happen if the sound inventors are quite obviously off their face. Sometimes collapse comes under the weight of the chaos and confusion.

But when everything lines up perfectly and the picture falls perfectly into focus….

AEDE3E35-13FE-4C55-BAB9-328E3D9DA318.thumb.jpeg.373410407f5e988a94ba74f907bb9529.jpeg

Coney Island Cyclones is amazinggggg

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, murve33 said:

Nice, this old post is still pinned. I've got some catching up to do.

Been into Bowie and T-Rex for a minute, and have no idea how I missed Sparks (especially as an American, didn't know we had it in us back then).

Kimono My House has been on repeat. Male vocalist, effortless falsetto, cabaret delivery, dramatic af. Sure as fuck doesn't follow verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus. Structure is all over. Favorites include "Falling In Love With Myself Again", "Talent is an Asset", and "Barbecutie".

Anyways, hoping to get back into WATMM. I fucking hate Reddit.

?

Sparks are amazing. Propaganda is equally as good. You can listen to both of those albums on shuffle together and it’s like listening to one release. 
Other essential sparks records to check out:

Number 1 in heaven  (produced by Giorgio Moroder)

Angst In My pants (standouts are “Mickey Mouse” and “Sherlock Holmes”)

indiscreet (“how are you getting home” is ?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

8A614F15-F468-4A14-86E3-73E1FFC38292.jpeg.5eadfea7c2f0e05521f6a59abe44a10e.jpeg

Wow this hit the spot at 6am. Sometimes I start playing this and it doesn’t work and I switch albums, then sometimes it’s perfecto. Seemed to fit the warm early summer, mildly drowsy morning vibe. Before the caffeine started kicking in ☕️ 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Extralife

Its a curious listen, I surprisingly enjoyed it. And I’m no fan of Animal Collective/Panda Bear, massively overrated (imo). I actually listened to it because I liked the album cover! And I thought maybe with the dude from Spaceman 3 it could be interesting. Which it is.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

R-295884-1144978750.jpg.8de6799ce4db429154c7749290d6dc35.jpg

Manual (Jonas Munk) has made some of my favourite ambient music. I hadn't gotten around to this one until recently. Just beautiful, summery music, great for star-gazing as well. It's from 2004 but still sounds fresh to my ears. Best start-to-finish album I've checked out in awhile.

Here's the only one that was on yt, it's the opening track.

Spoiler

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 2