IGNORED

A few albums recently listened.

murve33

It's been Push Button Objects for me the past couple of days. Yesterday was Dirty Dozen and today was Ghetto Blaster.

Both are good albums. The former is more IDM-leaning, whilst the latter is more hip hop oriented, which is an obvious implication by the album name.

Edited by ambermonk

lorn.jpg

CS500739-01A-BIG-620x620.jpg

Mostly has a lot of space radio sounds, less hip hoppy than his last releases but there is still a few hip hoppy elements sprinkled throughout.

debut.jpg

What you know about Bjork? Because I don't know very much at all, she's very popular. Unique voice. The album is called "Debut"

CS1265580-02A-BIG.jpg

MY GOD. I want to listen to this just based on the album art

You won't be dissapoint. I guess the whole series is some MBM-affiliated project centered around a cuban drumming action figure named tino, would love to know more though all I could really find on tinocorp is from the internet time machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20121019110110/http://www.tinocorp.com/

debut.jpg

What you know about Bjork? Because I don't know very much at all, she's very popular. Unique voice. The album is called "Debut"

Debut is a damn good album. Homogenic is also quite good and a favorite amongst the IDMz set, lots of great guest production on there & worth checking out

Guest disparaissant

vespertine is worth a listen too

i got my turntable hooked up at my new place and have been listening to:

the kinks - the village green preservation society - 10/10, definitely my favourite kinks album

the kinks - lola vs powerman and the moneygoround - 7.5/10, "strangers" is one of the kinks' best tracks though

japandroids - celebration rock - 8/10, raucous, nostalgic fun. reminds me of the replacements.

talking heads - remain in light - 10/10, their artistic peak i think

kraftwerk - electric cafe - 7/10, always felt like this album has a lot of filler, but "the telephone call" is basically a perfect pop song.

boards of canada - tomorrow's harvest - 8/10 - i still can't get over how much i like palace posy

the microphones - don't wake me up - 8/10 - lofi masterpiece, but just a shadow of the three albums that follow it

^ Medulla, i think, came after Vespertine.. Medulla is brilliant, still my fav bjork album mostly b/c of Desired Constellations, Oceania, and some Icelandic title that starts with a V. Though its hard to compete with Post. Fuck, every Bjork album is an adventure.

people i am at 96% here

purity ring by lofticries (i know i know it's popular hipster song but dance with me here)

now for real tho i have not heard a single other track by this band, but jeez what a representation of an era. specifically the 2012 era of electronic music. ysee there's all these nutty weirdo sounds floating around on the net, wit the vaporizerwave & the peesunk and the guys putting ambient analord words 7 up on soundcload. Yer part of this yknow

and well it's all well and good but it doesn't groove yknow. and here comes purity ring with there beats & their big pop structure

94%

and they apply the weird arpeggio squares to it and the cloud songs and the voices so low sampl

88 and dropping sir

and they make all of this fun, like, "yes, i was part of the pop movement all along, all i ever wanted

all i ever needsed

is heerrrreeeee in my armmmmmsssss

and it feels like they took the baceteria on the skim of the internet technosphere and made it human

too often electronic music is looked on as something silly to be danced to or dop drugged to

and it's like "haha techno yer so goofy"

but the ones who take it seriously as art, they're even worse

like "nah technos beyond feelings and culture and politics, it's logical

it';s TECHNICAL FOR CHRISTS SAKES

it's a reall man's genre

78%

and they go on like this and it's all well and good

but it becomes like this little world

a little musical man cave to run off to

and oh my god it's so weird how can anyone cry to this

but you can

I BELIEVE I NTECHNO

it's not just space music

space music is not just a joke

music is emotions is me

musioc is emotions is me

percent and feallling

listen closely children for i am the teller of light

i have been

this is a tale from realms past, mystic regions that now only exist as myths, stories, and songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uUVrX8vgw0

ptolemy lives on

in a billion billon bio lifestimes ago

in the time of the godempereror of

ptolemy steped down over the montains

he was fractal

he was of dimensions unseen

transformers

noise

blue lights

ptolemy stepped down over the mountains

and he ate your dream

i am god

i have seen the blue death of the red surf

in the island worlds of vectin iv

annd i am the sacrab

i am the ten headed goat of the mountain i am ptolemy

i am

the bone machine skeleton returns to hell again

Guest dylanmcknd

^ this is def the best of the production (odd-numbered) MMS installments, great to blaze to as well

Speaking of which, this is some mental dub break shit from Tino (Jack Dangers & co.) that I've had on heavy blast rotation:

CS1265580-02A-BIG.jpg

I need this now.

the whole series is well worth attention. christmas breaks is funny funny. i received mine personally from stokes. jack was supposed to come round that night, but he'd fallen ill. ben has become quite famous for his video's along with jack. they r definitely some of the more innovative and more seasoned electronic music artists working today and their live shows r not to be missed. i attend whenever the chance presents itself. i've always had my thingy go springy fr them and consider them (mbm) inspiration. this wolfman trac off volume 6 is good fun

[youtubehd]zeBrJ6z4jkI[/youtubehd]

Dam Funk & Steve Arrington - Higher

Excellent, really enjoying this. It's a shame that summer will soon be coming to an end cause I could listen to this for many more months of sun filled days.

Cosmin TRG - Gordian

Fairly solid album. Good value

Gregor Schwellenback - Spielt 20 Jahre Kompakt

This is good, although not sure how often I'll listen again. I always loved Closer Musik and pretty much got this because of it. It is good though and the CD inlay is a nice size with the musical scores.

people i am at 96% here

purity ring by lofticries (i know i know it's popular hipster song but dance with me here)

now for real tho i have not heard a single other track by this band, but jeez what a representation of an era. specifically the 2012 era of electronic music. ysee there's all these nutty weirdo sounds floating around on the net, wit the vaporizerwave & the peesunk and the guys putting ambient analord words 7 up on soundcload. Yer part of this yknow

and well it's all well and good but it doesn't groove yknow. and here comes purity ring with there beats & their big pop structure

94%

and they apply the weird arpeggio squares to it and the cloud songs and the voices so low sampl

88 and dropping sir

and they make all of this fun, like, "yes, i was part of the pop movement all along, all i ever wanted

all i ever needsed

is heerrrreeeee in my armmmmmsssss

and it feels like they took the baceteria on the skim of the internet technosphere and made it human

too often electronic music is looked on as something silly to be danced to or dop drugged to

and it's like "haha techno yer so goofy"

but the ones who take it seriously as art, they're even worse

like "nah technos beyond feelings and culture and politics, it's logical

it';s TECHNICAL FOR CHRISTS SAKES

it's a reall man's genre

78%

and they go on like this and it's all well and good

but it becomes like this little world

a little musical man cave to run off to

and oh my god it's so weird how can anyone cry to this

but you can

I BELIEVE I NTECHNO

it's not just space music

space music is not just a joke

music is emotions is me

musioc is emotions is me

percent and feallling

We agree on this.

Woo boy I was high on some purity ring when I made that post

(but I stand by it)

anyway, been revisiting the Aphex canon lately because I'm finally getting around to buying physical copies of everything. The Windowlicker single really is like a nice easily-accessible rundown of the drukQs era for people who aren't in the mood to take in a super-dense double disk album of computer music.

You've got the title track, which imo is one of the few true extensively-produced pop tracks in the man's discog (most of his poppy stuff being sparse/repetitive, and most of his extensively-produced stuff being kinda nuts). Then you got [crazy symbols], which is simultaneously weirder and funkier than a lot of drukQs. Nannou is...kinda like the piano pieces (at the very least it shows his experimentation with organic sounds), and if you're lucky enough to own a version with the demo/endroll mix you even get a taste of those coupla oldskool idm tracks he snuck onto the album

Oneohtrix Point Never - R-Plus Seven, I don't think WATMM needs any info on this.

Oneohtrix-Point-Never-R-Plus-Seven-608x6

VHS Head - Video Club, this dude has a solid discrography, I like his EPs more than his LP though

VHS%252BHead%252B%252B%252BVideo%252BClu

Mike Gao, Quadruple Entendre, Japanese American Hip Hop producer, this EP is more footworky though

Quadruple-Entendre-Mike-Gao.jpg?resize=5

Edited by Jur

some albums put on recently

ALT J - An awesome wave 8/10 beautifull album, lots of great songs

Autechre - Oversteps 10/10 it's been awhile my love, you are still the greatest

Deafhaven - Sunbather 9/10 sunstroke black metal!!!

Death grips - the money store 8/10 yeah it's great, maybe a bit overhyerped?

Fuck buttons - Slow focus 8/10 enjoying the heck out of this

Grimes - Visions 6/10 eh some good songs but i can't listen to more then 2 at once

Ital Tek - Midnight colour 6/10 don't find many reasons to come back to it hmmm

KA - the night's gambit 8/10 fantastic lyrics on awesome looped music

Zomby - With Love 7/10 a little dry, many forgettable tracks but still 33tracks what the fuck!

Traxman - Da mind of traxman 7/10 fun footworks, a lot of nice tracks!

RB Boo - legacy 6/10 better production then traxman but a lot of anoying samples that kill it for me

Taake - Doedskvad 10/10 perfect norsk black metal

Run the Jewels - run the jewels 8,5/10 can't believe this is a free download, haven't wrapped my head around the whole thing yet but its awesome

Tim Exile - harmuni Ep 8/10 wow this is beast but i want more

Pan Sonic - Gravitoni 9/10 sonic terror at it's best!

Mark Pritchard - ghosts Ep 8/10 massive tunes

Kanye West - Yeezus 9/10 one of 2013's best for me but blood on the leaves is banned for life

I listen to 10 different albums every month, this month:

2 different AFX ATP DJ sets

Francisco López - O Parladoiro Desamortuxado

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius (with last track removed)

Hair Stylistics - Vol.1 - Pop Bottakuri

Melvins - Gluey Porch Treatments

SKM-ETR - The Rugged Meat Cleaver

Tool - Opiate

Universal Indicator - Universal Indicator Red

Venetian Snares - Eat Shit And Die (incomplete, nobody has the whole thing apparently)

Venetian Snares - Pink + Green

I give them all about 10/10

Always been curious what Watmm's opinion of CC was.

They have great music style/sounds and interesting themes but the compositions are ultimately unsatisfying for me.

Gonna have to give Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven a listen, they keep popping up...

Edited by hoggy

opn - r plus seven - 8/10 - the first opn album that i really like, it's fun, weird and lush and it's tied up with his idiosyncratic aesthetic nicely.

chelsea wolfe - pain is beauty- 7/10 - some songs works, some don't. it's really nice that someone is still doing pretty interesting things with this goth stuff.

beer damage (brian sullivan from mouthus +pete swanson from yellow swans) - hobo on the face of music - 8/10 - it's really hard to describe, maybe "sample based lo fi hypno noise crunk" ? it's beautiful, weird and captivating. try yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8KDKo9spY

stereolab - margerine eclispe - 7.5/10 - fun, catchy and uplifting 'lab.

Drift

Nosaj Thing

I don't listen to full albums that much anymore, but this one I enjoy quite a bit. Very well produced with an emphasis on sounds, hip hop influences, the album is very tight and every track flows naturally into the next one.

Very enjoyable as a full album listening. I rate it 8,5/10.

I just searched on youtube for samples of the recording and I found it's online in its entirety https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83hH0eu09k