Sign in to follow this  
murve33

A few albums recently listened.

name dropped in another thread, i hadnt heard this one. so good

I've decided that virt's fx4 is one of the best electronic albums ever made. I know some don't take chiptune seriously as an electronic genre but virt has more technical finesse w/ a tracker than most of your so called "IDM heroes", better melodic structure and solo lines than squarepusher. prove me wrong

I've decided that virt's fx4 is one of the best electronic albums ever made. I know some don't take chiptune seriously as an electronic genre but virt has more technical finesse w/ a tracker than most of your so called "IDM heroes", better melodic structure and solo lines than squarepusher. prove me wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwG5y-zxXwo

Normally with you on your opinions but that one hurts my ears. Edited by Extralife

Normally with you on your opinions but that one hurts my ears.

It's a bit chaotic... Maybe check out his soundtrack for shovel knight (also made for the same NES sound chip).

this is one of my favorite albums a few years back and I just rediscovered it.... I think it's one of univers zero's lesser known albums but I find it very good. Also the cover art of the album is incredible

I also like their album Ceux du dehors

Edited by Bubba69

I came across this label on youtube a few days ago and have been enjoying their releases.  This VA is good from start to finish, and they still have a few records left in their bandcamp

https://mindcolormusic.bandcamp.com/album/aux4412

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IWhdcysAU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFu25aqxKA

Listened to the new Alias album . Quite liked it .. I do like doseone's stuff in general.. composition wise i like his sensibilities .. such a weird use of his talents ... . production on the percussion on this album quite good for what it is .

Vocals awesome in general

damn, glad to have stumbled upon this:)

Listened to the new Alias album . Quite liked it .. I do like doseone's stuff in general.. composition wise i like his sensibilities .. such a weird use of his talents ... . production on the percussion on this album quite good for what it is .

Vocals awesome in general

front.jpg

snagged this last night after a heavy session of alcohol consumption. goes for $100+ on the discogs market so i fancy myself a fancy pants for grabbing it for $35.

what exactly is it? imagine some really swank arabian music.... now imagine a really beautiful woman dancing to said music. and she's feeding you fruit. and you're drunk. and you're inside a tent. and you're cool and it's hot outside. and the music keeps getting better. and someone just gave you $10,000 because they thought you could use it. 

it's kinda like that.

R-610476-1138143298.jpeg.jpg

sounds like a softer, nicer jesus lizard, quite enjoyable

^ lovely

https://youtu.be/GV6VQbPvYDg

a great collection of italian ladies doing their best to belt out the funkiest folk tunes. this was amazing and (surprisingly) very difficult to get

Posted (edited)

If you read the hipster house thread you will have seen I bought one of Lobster Theremin's Record Bundles a few weeks ago. That was the regular one, this week I picked up the Secret Labels one too as I was in store to pick up another purchase.

Well, first record I pulled out fucking blew me away. Obviously I was expecting some house/techno/acid etc. What I got was a fantastic noise/ambient/drone LP in the vein of (early) Hafler Trio or Wanda Group.

I looked up the guy and it turns out it's the debut solo LP by the Lobster Theremin bossman himself.

Can't recommend this enough.

https://tidybedroom.bandcamp.com/album/to-be-held-in-a-non-position

Edited by hello spiral
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

i really have to get one of those bundles..

recently sis

Edited by iococoi

Lot of used CDs purchased on Ebay for $37.00 USD. Everything ripped perfectly. Bold titles indicate those I was most interested in, having already owned the Global Goon, Wagon Christ, and Plaid releases.

Global Goon - Vatican Nitez

Wagon Christ - The Power Of Love / Tally Ho! / Musipal

Luke Vibert - Big Soup

Plaid - Peel Session / Double Figure

μ-Ziq - Tango N' Vectif / Salsa With Mesquite / Urmur Bile Trax Volumes 1 & 2 / The Fear

Autechre - Basscad, EP

Mira Calix - Prickle

Ovuca - King Stacey

Bogdan Raczynski - Ibiza Anthems Vol. 4 / Alright!

D'Arcangelo - Shipwreck

Boom Bip - Seed To Sun

Various Artists - Warp Routine (Warp)

Various Artists - wap100 We Are Reasonable People (Warp)

Various Artists - The Braindance Coincidence (Rephlex)

Various Artists - Mealtime (Planet Mu)

oooOOOOOOooooooo spookeh

Posted (edited)

Coming around to Madonna's newie. It's more of a sum-than-the-parts album, unlike some other recent ones it engages effectively through to the end without getting a tad overlong, monotonous or lacking her presence. She still hasn't made a crap album for mine, the bottom one's here are just less preferable to me.

1. Bedtime Stories

5/5

2. Erotica

5/5

3. True Blue

4.5/5

4. Ray of Light

4.5/5

5. Madonna

4.5/5

^all time faves

6. MDNA