IGNORED

Album Art

Poimandres

this site: http://www.hardformat.org/ (an incredible site) has a few autechre releases:

http://www.hardforma...6/autechre-lp5/

Eep, what nutcase has mutilated the front cover by tearing off the track listing ?!

the front cover was just liner notes. the track listing is inside, in a nice thick cardboard part. i too tore off the liner notes sticker on the front...it was my first AE purchase ever, and i didn't like the way it looked. i spent a lot of time cleaning all that sticky residue off.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to track down the artwork from Autechre albums at a reasonable resolution.

Specifically ep7, because it's awesome.

Can anyone help?

But any Autechre related art is a treat. Troublingly, I couldn't find a topic discussing this. What are peoples favourite album covers, or Autechre related art?

Just scan yours. Or buy it then scan it.

• 5 years later...

I think they incorrectly attributed some covers to TDR

For example, Confield and EP7

Yeah, gah so full of errors and very poorly researched - for example: not much right according to how garbage / anvil vapre / tri repetae was released. 

[The music on Oversteps is] oppressive, noisy, unpredictable and maybe even a little nihilistic

u wot m8?

I don't know if I'd agree with it being oppressive and noisy, but it certainly caused a stir when it was released.. and once you look beyond the nice twinkly tracks, there is some real cold bleakness in there, especially towards the end of the album. Still not really sure how anyone would call it noisy though..

in aaa thread, sean said that, to him, oversteps is about memory. i asked ''nostalgia?'' and he replied ''nah, just memory'' 

if one thinks about what's left after we're gone, or our loved-ones...only memory. but where's the memory?

no wonder it's a bit nihilistic and cold sounding. that's the sound of fear of non-existing. time flies by, ruthlessly

Oversteps and move of ten were ok and fun in places but it's really UNREAL how extremely good Exai and el-seq then turned out to be. I'm still so amazed by their two latest releases. Just wow!

Wow i like this memory story about Oversteps !

Maybe this album is about how Man manage to leave memory to his descendants... about supports

redfall could be about the falling of cds ?

O=0 about numerization ?"

Am i too high ?

No, not high enough ;)

In the thread there was some talk about that; how to perserve music for the future. I remember that sean mentioned new technologies...some kind of a cd but with thin layers of stones that could hold informations more than a thousand of years.

found it: http://blog.hagerman.com/written-in-stone-m-disc-technology-promises-rock-solid-data-integrity

but look at this: https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/16/11018018/5d-data-storage-glass

[The music on Oversteps is] oppressive, noisy, unpredictable and maybe even a little nihilistic

u wot m8?

LOL this is a fucking terrible article. 

When he said Tri Repetae was 2 discs that was my 

rmdSx.gif

point

Yeah, the article is horrible, but I guess he is talking about the US "++"-version? (which included anvil vapre & garbage)

Oversteps and move of ten were ok and fun in places but it's really UNREAL how extremely good Exai and el-seq then turned out to be. I'm still so amazed by their two latest releases. Just wow!

By their dense sound design yeah, but they've continued the jazzy noodling aimlessness that began on Oversteps. They've talked about having more flexible control on that album, being able to subtlety tweak a whole track throughout its creation and not being as restricted. I wouldn't begin to know what they mean in terms of their software and hardware, but it's evident in their approach.

I miss the structured rigorous repetition of the epic 7 minutes compositions on Untilted where each track grabs holds of your brain and punches it from side to side. Their new stuff is like being amazed for 30 seconds but left bored after 10 minutes. I think the limitations on track construction on everything pre Oversteps is what gave Autechre their magnetic sound. I think I just like repetition though, and think it always does that. Endlessly building, like Recury. But something like Tewe was graceful too, and so complex and dense, without being a noisey sludge of sounds happening every second. I like Xanopticon, but it's samey, and not something with variety i can listen to for too long. Autechre definitely constructed songs, or at least compositions. Like Rae. The build up, timing, release, the melody coming in.

Untilted was like a satisfying workout for your ears, new Autechre is like an endurance.

When he said Tri Repetae was 2 discs that was my 

rmdSx.gif

point

Yeah, the article is horrible, but I guess he is talking about the US "++"-version? (which included anvil vapre & garbage)

Yeah I know he means ++ BUT

Every sound on the album seemed to be artificially constructed, it was two discs of the most maximal music Autechre had ever produced and the dense compositions called for a new visual approach.

rmdSx.gif

Untilted was like a satisfying workout for your ears, new Autechre is like an endurance.

True. I think there's been a bit of a shift in the way they've thought about their own music too; since Quaristice it's become a lot more jammy and loose. Oversteps is a bit of an anomaly here but it still has a bit of a jammy vibe here and there. I feel like we're only really hearing the beginnings of their algorithmic composition though; I can imagine as they continue to work with these methods, the recordings will start to sound more "composed".. or something lol I dunno

Archived