Belbury Poly and The Advisory Circle - Study Series 08: Inversions

6709629340054.jpeg

The next in our series of 7" singles, Study Series 8: "Inversions", will be available on 15th June.

The Advisory Circle and Belbury Poly each play a cover version of one another's tracks; Wildpsot and Now Ends the Beginning.

Samples: http://www.ghostbox....udyseries08.htm

Pre-order: http://ghostbox.gree...8-inversions-0/

Guest Lucy Faringold

Mmm. that version of Wildspot sounds kinda weak.

Also, for a label with such tight design it always looks like the Study Series covers have been knocked together in about 15 mins.

gotta agree with lucy. this is the least appealing output from ghostbox so far. the only study series i really enjoyed was the one by johnny trunk.

Fair comments there, probably not their most imaginitive idea for the series either. I have liked a few of them though, especially the Moon Wiring Club and Hinterland releases. And, it's GB so I have to have it no matter what (OCD).

Mmm. that version of Wildspot sounds kinda weak.

Also, for a label with such tight design it always looks like the Study Series covers have been knocked together in about 15 mins.

At least it is meant as a reference to the BBC Workshop etc etc. I find it pretty nice anyway.

Would be a good buy for the other seven on the shelf.

And a good pressed slab of vinyl again. Nice and heavyweight.

• 3 weeks later...

gotta agree with lucy. this is the least appealing output from ghostbox so far. the only study series i really enjoyed was the one by johnny trunk.

despite not being too impressed by the soundclips at first, i got the mp3 release from the ghostbox label anyway. it's not all that bad, but it definitely sits as one of their weakest releases so far. i actually though the free mp3s they released (a while back) were even stronger than the study series output.

Edited by Nebraska