IGNORED

E3 2012

Npoess

e3-2012.jpg

So the first E3 2012 press conference starts tomorrow. I have a feeling this year might be a little boring in terms of new announcements.

Microsoft: might have worst press conference this year, I don't see a whole lot of new stuff being announced. Personally I'm excited for Halo 4. I hope/dream a new Splinter Cell game will be revealed. Probably more CoD time exclusive map packs will announced (zzzzz) and more Kinect wank. They are probably going to tease the next Xbox. My biggest dream is that Netflix (and some other apps) will finally come to Denmark.

Nintendo: might for once have a good year at this E3, with the Wii U's first real showing. If they show a new Mario or Zelda they are probably set. Hopefully the Wii U will have some proper online functionality this time around.

Sony: Are they going to unveil/tease a new console? Are they going to show The Last Guardian again?... Price drops, sale numbers, Vita focus, move, The Last of Us. Don't know about new announcements, I don't follow Sony enough.

All times are in Pacific Standard.

Monday, June 4

Microsoft - 9:30 AM http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3

Electronic Arts - 1:00 PM http://www.ea.com/e3

Ubisoft - 3:00 PM

Sony - 6:00 PM http://us.playstation.com/e3-2012/

Tuesday, June 5

Nintendo - 9:00 AM http://e3.nintendo.com/

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CraniumXII

I haven't been a big Nintendo fan in awhile... but I am looking forward to their Wii-U announcements. Hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of a new Zelda or Mario... but I also heard a while back that a Smash bros. game was supposed to be launched with the system... So that'd be what I'm looking forward to. Otherwise... I'm happy with Bethesda's vampire DLC for Skyrim and the new Castlevania: LoS2.

Still, E3 is always a ton of fun... maybe a few surprises!

Guest bitroast

interested in announcements for the Vita/3DS. i need one of these products to boom and take over where the DS left off (i have my money on the Vita. that system + online store is a winning combo).

also interested in wii-u. and other surprises^^

I'm waiting for my fellow WATMMers to report anything and everything interesting from those conferences ! A little excited about the Wii U, I hope it won't be disappointing !

Hopefully something interesting will be unveiled, but I have my doubts. I'm guessing a ton of bland sequels and some HD remakes. I can't muster any excitement whatsoever for the WiiU, seems like a silly concept.

Good point, I hope either microsoft or sony go for some sort of streaming console service with their next one, ie, the console itself is just a streaming device and everything happens in the big computer in the sky. no piracy, no reselling used games, much income, sad consumers.

Guest chunky

metal gear solid 5 (wiht gta sized maps)

grand theft auto 5 (cops n crooks multiplayer otherwise i wont buy it)

Nothing this year i'm too exited for,where is DOOM 4??

This.

Valve better give me some news about HL3/EP3 or else...................

What about this project that leaked, the Valve Box ?

Guest Mirezzi

for the sake of pc gamers i hope they announce ps4/xbox 720 or something cos im really sick of playing 2006 games in 2012.

I have to agree. The fact that neither the 360 nor the PS3 have the capability of playing Skyrim with a decent framerate is fucking sad...it's time to move on to whatever's next. E.g. - Something capable of 1920x1080 modern games @ 60 fps minimally?

I will not get excited about anything at e3 becuase I am not a 12 year old.

The best I can hope for is something stupid like wii music or kinect that I can laugh at.

Microsoft: might have worst press conference this year, I don't see a whole lot of new stuff being announced. Personally I'm excited for Halo 4. I hope/dream a new Splinter Cell game will be revealed. Probably more CoD time exulsive map packs will announced (zzzzz) and more Kinect wank. They are probably going to tease the next Xbox. My biggest dream is that Netflix (and some other apps) will finally come to Denmark.

- Microsoft will not show/nor tease a new console.

- They will try and make Kinect hardcore (again and again)

- Microsoft has no control over where Netflix is available or not. It's all about movie rights, and that has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Nintendo: might for once have a good year at this E3, with the Wii U's first real showing. If they show a new Mario or Zelda they are probably set. Hopefully the Wii U will have some proper online functionality this time around.

I'm having a really hard time trying to predict how Nintendo's press conference will turn out. They will of course focus on the 3Ds and the Wii-U (why don't they start out by changing the name of the console), and hopefully they announce at least two games for the Wii-U that appeal to the hardcore crowd (Mario or Zelda), because if they don't then they won't move that many consoles on day one. They need a selling point. The Wii had Twilight Princess and then nothing until Super Mario Galaxy, so they just need something to give to the hardcore Nintendo fans. But it's weird about Nintendo because they're in no-man's land right now. They abandoned their hardcore fans with the games they had for the Wii, and the casual gamers are not interested in buying something that doesn't make immediate sense - which that monitor/controller doesn't. It's harder to figure out what that thing will be able to do unlike the Wii-mote which immediately made sense to everyone. Also, I hope to see some specs on the Wii-U because if the rumours are right and it isn't much more powerful than the Xbox360 and PS3 then I don't see why third party developers would want to support it since the other two companies are announcing new consoles within the next two years (at least that's my prediction). Anyway, I have no idea what to expect?

Sony: Are they going to unveil/tease a new console? Are they going to show The Last Guardian again?... Price drops, sale numbers, Vita focus, move, The Last of Us. Don't know about new announcements, I don't follow Sony enough.

- Price drop indeed

- No new console

- Some Japanese crap

Guest zaphod

what was bad about it? i've always assumed it would be pretty cringeworthy, but i want details.

Newell has been raging at Windows 8 and they recently had native linux ports of L4D2 running so it does look like they are researching to do something in the OS or hardware space. It's probably way too early for anything official though.

Not expecting much from E3. Last year was dreadful.

Guest Sprigg

Maybe I just don't care as much as I get older, or maybe the gaming industry is just a steaming turd right now, but I can't remember the last E3 I was excited for.

Archived