IGNORED

[CylobBot] Write your own website

Joyrex

Once you announce something, it's in the ether and people report on it.

That's about all there is to say about that.

I'll go with the drunk theory.

i'll go with the he doesn't like watmm theory

Hah, how is that possible. We're lovely.+ I don't like the idea that he's a snob.

didnt he like write somewhere that watmmers are homophobic people or something lol

poor cylob is in trouble because he took his rant down

:cerious:

Is this rant archived anywhere?

rss shows nor rant, just what was posted here. aside from some incoherent stuff from 4th of june that just got deleted.

how do we know this is directed at watmm?

rss shows nor rant, just what was posted here. aside from some incoherent stuff from 4th of june that just got deleted.

Who else would feature his RSS feed anywhere? :emotawesomepm9:

How was it determined that Cylob was to be a featured artist?

Cylob has an extensive back catalogue, and was one of the big names in the electronic music scene in the 90's when his peers Aphex and µ-Ziq and Squarepusher were redefining electronic music as we knew it. He's a great musician, even if some of his later output was a bit too tongue in cheek (IMO) versus the sonic masterpieces like Flicklife, Diof, and my personal favourite, Kobal. His Ventolin remix is one of the best ones out of the set.

Who else would feature his RSS feed anywhere? :emotawesomepm9:

:lol:

Cylob has an extensive back catalogue, and was one of the big names in the electronic music scene in the 90's when his peers Aphex and µ-Ziq and Squarepusher were redefining electronic music as we knew it. He's a great musician, even if some of his later output was a bit too tongue in cheek (IMO) versus the sonic masterpieces like Flicklife, Diof, and my personal favourite, Kobal. His Ventolin remix is one of the best ones out of the set.

oh yes, for me there's only two (true braindance artists), one of them is cylob, just to give you an idea of how big this man is :wink:

Edited by schlucharski

When you say extensive back catalogue... do you mean it extends beyond what I see here on discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Cylob

I only ask because I figure there are a number of artists with similar or more technical merit, were equally or more so influential to the scene, and, if that rant was indeed directed at WATMM, more deserving of any free promotion efforts.

Before coming to WATMM, I'd never heard of cylob aside from his appearance on ventolin - the remixes and being part of cylobotnia. After coming here I went through his back catalogue on discogs and was thoroughly un-impressed. My personal opinion aside, I've seen others share my opinion of him on WATMM in various snickerings about him being featured...

If he hates WATMM so much, maybe its time to replace him with another featured artist.

Edit: as unimpressed as I was, maybe it was a hasty first impression. I value the opinion of watmm as a collective so I'm going to re-visit his material. I still stand by it though, if he's really that ungrateful maybe we can give the featured spot to someone more deserving. The true fans will take the 17 seconds to type in his URL daily if they care.

Edited by StephenG

Cylobian Sunset was an ok album with the occasional awesome track..Rewind was great too...but yeah, if hes a dick about it Im all for him removed.

I only ask because I figure there are a number of artists with similar or more technical merit, [who] were equally or more so influential to the scene...

Who are they in your opinion?

I only ask because I figure there are a number of artists with similar or more technical merit, [who] were equally or more so influential to the scene...

Who are they in your opinion?

I think Mouse on Mars RE the technical merit + they were around in the early 90's, doing their business, though they were maybe not as far reaching in terms of influence (maybe due to low exposure on the label they were on?)

I think Vibert has influenced tons of musicians, even Aphex' analords series were inspired by the lovers' acid album, right? The wagonchrist moniker has inspired tons of artists including DJ shadow, Kid koala (I read that in some interviews a bit back, will see if I can link).

I guess everyone has a different idea of who is influential or deserving a featured artist spot, I just figure if Mr Cylob was going to be rude about it/unappreciative maybe someone else deserved some limelight.

We should have a poll for it.

Edited by StephenG