IGNORED

Twin Peaks Archive - Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch

smokebelch

Not seen any threads on this posted, but Im sure there are some fans of the show and its music on here.

Over the last year the David Lynch site has been releasing an 'open' album of previously unreleased Angelo Badalamenti music from the archives of Twin Peaks. Nearing 200 tracks now, and the releases are nearly finished.

Bit more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Twin_Peaks#The_Twin_Peaks_Archive

Would have loved a physical box set of this stuff, but think that would be unlikely to happen. At least there is the option of getting lossless versions of all the tracks. Prob a bit pricy for the whole album now, but been fun downloading each weeks releases for a couple of bucks each.

There's some amazing stuff in there, particully some of the dark & disturbing ambient tracks. These are the ones Id always wished to be on a TP soundtrack album.

Any one else been getting these?

I bought some of his ambient (not from Twin Peaks). I do love these unreleased tracks though.

Yeah Lynch has done a couple of ambient albums now- The Air Is On Fire was pretty good. And Polish Night Music was interesting too.

Some of the best tracks from the arcive are the Slow & Half Speed Orchestra Tracks- these are the darker ones, a couple of the tracks are downright terrifying!

i got a couple of tracks early on but honestly stopped at the sheer quantity of muzik- not to mention he put it on halt when he was doing his crazy clown thing.

Glad alerted more people to this- there's so much great music here and due to the way its being released its seems to have gotton a bit lost.

The fact that it is all being released now is really down to Dean Hurley- David Lynch's current music engineer. He's been going through the archive to locate and restore all this wonderful music, and does it all on his own time.

While a boxset would be great I really doubt it will ever happen. And if they HAD done this as a physical release I dont think all the alternate versions would have seen the light of day. Would imagine that when its finished soon- you'll pretty much be able to own every single track used in the whole series! (though there are a few bits that are now lost and he has been unable to locate- but think its pretty minor stuff).

Must admit a lot of the alternates are a bit overwhelming if you are coming to the archive fresh- nearly 200 tracks- but for me my favourite stuff is all the dark ambient pieces. Head for Nightsea Wind/ Dark Mood Woods/ Red Room & All the Slow/Half Speed Orchestra tracks...

Well, watching the entire series is overwhelming as well, but it still happens to me once every two years or so. This music collection is quite wonderful. I gave it several listens over the past few months and although I tend to skip some of the country tracks, most of it is surprisingly digestible. Addictive, even.

Archived