IGNORED

Santa Beats

tokn

Yeah, it's quite a ride:

I'm always interested in optinions and criticism, so if you have some time, give my page a listen! There are two sets, the old stuff is more IDM-orientated, while the recent stuff is more danceable. Cheers!

It's ok, but it sounds a bit unpolished. I think a song shouldn't remind the listener from where it came from and how it was done, I can almost visualize the beat sequence in the first part. Try to give more envelope and expression to every element in the song and let it breathe. That's my advice.

It's ok, but it sounds a bit unpolished. I think a song shouldn't remind the listener from where it came from and how it was done, I can almost visualize the beat sequence in the first part. Try to give more envelope and expression to every element in the song and let it breathe. That's my advice.

hey thanks for the comment!

well, your very right, that it sounds quite unpolished. the thing is im always to lazy to work on one track for a longer time and polish it up, so thats a thing with almost all of my tracks. you have to be quite sweet-tempered to enjoy my music :emotawesomepm9:

though i have to say, i really like this raw sound of the beginning. reminds me a lot of addison groove and just using analogue stuff (though nothing is analogue here).

Guest Promo

I preferred it from about 2.50 onwards. I didn't mind the fact that the beats were dry - I just wasn't massively keen on the way the beat constantly changes. I couldn't find the groove to be honest. Musically it was sort of so so. Sorry I can't be more enthusiastic. :-)

No mate, you shouldn't force yourself to get enthusiastic, it's about honest criticism here, right?

What do you mean with "dry beats" ? Why do you prefer the straight part to the Addison Groove-like part in the beginning and end? Because there is "more groove to find" for you or more tonal content?

Guest Promo

I think I just found it hard to find the groove as the beats were shifting around a lot and I generally prefer to hear simple beats with a groove that feels funky. And what I mean by dry beats are beats without too many effects i.e. dry. :-)

Ah okay, I see. But if I would add more effects on top of the drums, it will be a total mess. If even now it's to much going on for you :emotawesomepm9: Notice how the vocals samples react to the beat, that's some kind of FX :biggrin:

Anyway, more opinions very welcome. Here a short fun remix:

http://soundcloud.com/2kn/traxman-itz-crack-2kns-disco-1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Bro

I think having heard this a second time the beat makes more sense. Not sure what I was about to start with lol. I would personally bring that little phased pad thing a bit early probably tho. Yeah its not bad. Its minimal so I don't think needs too much more.

Archived