IGNORED

"Plaid remix Mara Carlyle in a fashion ripe for Summer"

Guest sirch

Guest sirch

does nobody much like this one then? or already heard it before?

i love it anyway :)

cheeky little 'Plaid pops' remix.

:music:

Guest sirch

Would like to hear an instrumental version.. maybe i'd like it more :shrug:

Thanks anyway though mate.

ah.. ok, do you not like her voice then magdog? hmmm, i thought you did. do you not like 'Airlocked' from Rest Proof?

yeah, i do like all the above tracks you mentioned, but, to be fair her voice doesn't feature that much on those tracks, as its used more as an effect. So, yeah i do like the sound of her voice, but, not when she sings verses.. if that makes any sense :)

the devil & Me.. to me, sounds a little bit cheesy.. maybe it would sound less without out vocals.... dunno mate :)

Guest sirch

yeah, i do like all the above tracks you mentioned, but, to be fair her voice doesn't feature that much on those tracks, as its used more as an effect. So, yeah i do like the sound of her voice, but, not when she sings verses.. if that makes any sense :)

the devil & Me.. to me, sounds a little bit cheesy.. maybe it would sound less without out vocals.... dunno mate :)

fair enough mate :) each to his own. maybe a longer instrumental version might be better actually.

i don't think it's too cheesy. Plaid can get away with that anyway, and they do cheesy melodies quite well i reckon without being too cringey :)

i think it's a sweet little track. and the melody reminds me of Myopia a bit. it's that sort of steel drum sound?

it's a bit like a condensed 'pop' version of Myopia, with lyrics. and very Summery, too. perfect for right now. :)

Tizz growing on me.. thinking i'm starting to like it

:rolleyes: and you're right it not cheesy at all.

So good to hear Plaid on the steel drums once again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirch

Mara Carlyle gave a beautiful live performace of the 'the devil & me' on last nights bbc2 review show.

starts @ 41.11

link

thanks, magdog

just seen her post this on facebook as well... bit late to it! :)

sounds good though.

I was flippin terrified but I think we (Oli Bayston on the piano) got away with it.

I just happened to have switched my TV onto bbc2 as the song began, don't really watch the review show.. full of tossers :) glad i didn't switch over though because i really enjoyed her performance, very beautiful.

Archived