Sign in to follow this  
Guest Drahken

No time to finish

Guest nahuo

really nice.

that melody at 00:48 is delicius. the only thing I didint like was that lead at 01:21, that sound feels out of place to me.

Nice synth work. Contrary to how I very often feel about YLCers tracks , you could actually make this longer. It felt like it still wanted to flow and expand after it cut off.

Guest nahuo

I was thinking we all need listen to this again.

Guest Hermann

that melody at 00:48 is delicius. the only thing I didint like was that lead at 01:21, that sound feels out of place to me.

Agreed on both points.. One of the things I´ve found when you have a lead that sounds out of place, you can add another synth part in there that isn´t so dominate to fill in the space between the lead and the other parts... if that´s too much metaphorical imagery to think about then just think of it this way: make it to fill in the spaces that feel a bit too empty between it. (and just use the oppurtunity to accentuate the chords [or as i would.. probably add new note(s) to the chord(s) hehe])

This theory doesn´t always work as a sure-fast rule obviously (if it did, music as a concept would be kind of boring).. but in your case i feel it would work :)

Hope this is constructive, I try to help as much i can ;)

Edited by Hermann