IGNORED

Mount Kimbie - Cold Spring Fault Less Youth

Redruth

racxapR.jpg

"Excited and honoured to announce that we have signed to Warp Records! We're looking forward to working together for a long time and feel this is the perfect home for our future endeavors."

"We are delighted to divulge that our new album, entitled 'Cold Spring Fault Less Youth', is due for release on May 27th 2013 on Warp Records. Releasing new material is long overdue, finally having this second album all wrapped up and ready to go is a fantastic feeling."

http://warp.net/
http://www.mountkimbie.com/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sirch

please post fav tracks by Mount Kimbie

cos i've only heard a couple and what i heard i thought sounded a bit meh 'n boring.

Actually Rustie has nothing to do with Mount Kimbie.

When Mount Kimbie released their "Crooks & Lovers", I was all over it.

That's like their most famous song I would guess:

[media=]

[/media]

Another really beautiful one:

[media=]

[/media]

Also make sure to check the Maybe EP, way more ambient than the LP.

I think it is really fitting to Warp's new indie direction, 'cause Mount Kimbie are somewhere in the middle between indie and electronic. In contrast to a lot of bands which get signed to Warp these days Mount Kimbie actually makes sense. But like I said above (thanks troon for the correction) I don't know why they didn't just stay with Hotflush.

Guest sirch

^ very similar tune/arrangement in all 3 of those tracks above. but just with different sounds.

edit:

Actually Rustie has nothing to do with Mount Kimbie.

didn't say he did.

Guest sirch

i think this one is really nice sirch

[youtubehd]U1--MD_yVNQ[/youtubehd]

this is better,and more interesting, imo. thanks Redruth

Them being on Warp makes perfect sense, And from Mount Kimbie's perspective it gives them a bigger profile. Hot Flush is a quality label but loads of casual fans are much more likely to hear about them now their on warp

Guest sirch

Them being on Warp makes perfect sense, And from Mount Kimbie's perspective it gives them a bigger profile. Hot Flush is a quality label but loads of casual fans are much more likely to hear about them now their on warp

yeah, and if they were signed off the back of a demo for their next album, then let's hope it's goona be something good and not a let down to present fans who will no doubt be expecting big warpy things.

• 1 month later...

Also make sure to check the Maybe EP, way more ambient than the LP.

big fan but hadn't checked out this one before, it's great! basically all the things i like about them, distilled. especially 'vertical'.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't listened to their studio work, but I gotta second them as a live group; they put on a stellar show when they opened for Squarepusher in Chicago, and based on that alone deserve to get a wider audience. One of those rare electronic shows where I felt it was both diverse in style and yet highly accessible without becoming too much of a typical indietronica sound.

They were quite good live. I heard several non-Crooks & Lovers/various EP bits and I am excite.

Funny story--on the train after the SQP/Mount Kimbie show, a youngish lad overheard hautlle and I crycumming over the show and joined in. Turns out he only found out about Squarepusher as a suggestion through Mount Kimbie's Pandora or Last.fm (can't remember which). It was an interesting inversion of how the youngsters explore the iddums versus the get-off-my-lawns.

Anyway, bring it lads. Crooks & Lovers was a revelation for me when it came out.

aha, the "Get of my lawns". I've went around in a strange circle in that I jumped straight to iddums and only recently coming back around to anything a bit more pop related.

Based on "Made To Stray" Im very excited.

Archived