IGNORED

Mount Kimbie - Cold Spring Fault Less Youth

Redruth

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not digging it. But to be honest, it's not annoying me the same way it seems to annoy other people. There are other artists putting out material on Warp that I really can't stand, but I've made a promise to myself to not be a dick and bitch about them publicly anymore. In any case, this Mt. Kimbie stuff (or Darkstar, for that matter) isn't my cup of tea, but I don't hate it.

I really hated the first minute or so, but I thought it got pretty decent after that.

Made to Stray was pretty great. But this is... different. I really didn't like it on the first listen. Second it got a bit better. It has a build up that basically leads up to maybe a minute of cool music. I can't help but think it would be better as a vignette or something. A transition or lead up between songs. The intentionally primitive/bad drum/rhythm makes it feel like it isn't worth a whole song, or at least that lack of groove is out of character for them. In the context of a whole album if this was an anomaly that kind of stuck out I could see it being cool. Wouldn't want any more than 4 minutes of it though.

• 4 weeks later...

"Made to stray" is gorgeous... I will see them live tonight. Last time at Berghain was really weird, they played like peak-time and it was really not the sound for the atmosphere and hour. But today is more of a concert event, so I have high hopes. Anyone else from Berlin going?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know exactly what to think of it. Right now I'm longing for some old Mount Kimbie but maybe it'll grow on me. Even if the guy's vocals really iritate me

sorry, I'm extremely open minded as far as music goes and I think this album is terrible. Made to Stray is good, but the rest lacks direction, quality production, or anything even related to an "idea" etc...

This is... terrible.. =(

Guest Gravity

sorry, I'm extremely open minded as far as music goes and I think this album is terrible. Made to Stray is good, but the rest lacks direction, quality production, or anything even related to an "idea" etc...

This is... terrible.. =(

Not into the 2 King Krule tracks, but I'm REALLY into Slow, Lie Near & Fall Out at the moment.

This is... terrible.. =(

Not into the 2 King Krule tracks, but I'm REALLY into Slow, Lie Near & Fall Out at the moment.

I'll give those a third listen, but upon first and second, they weren't very good... I know everyone has a different opinion and all that though.

I'm just disappointed because after I heard made-to-stray I was really excited!

Guest Gravity

This is... terrible.. =(

I'll give those a third listen, but upon first and second, they weren't very good... I know everyone has a different opinion and all that though.

I'm just disappointed because after I heard made-to-stray I was really excited!

The sounds they use on this LP are giving me this sort hazy, broken video-game type of vibe. It's odd.

Could we get an instrumental version? Holy shit the vocals ruin this...can't stand the delivery this king krule joker is attempting. There seem to be other vocals peppered throughout that also are distracting. The music itself is not bad, just have no idea why they thought to use these singers

Guest interr0bangr

The entire album is so fucking good. Vocals and all. Really wasn't expecting much but it's really, really, really good. Will be on my year end list for sure.

Archived