IGNORED

Blade Runner: Aquarelle Edition

Joyrex

I wish A Scanner Darkly looked like this instead.

Waking Life does kind of:

[media=]

[/media]

you can even watch the full movie on youtube:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqKQgGjSb0[/media]

A Scanner Darkly looks almost identical to Waking Life... wasn't it the same guy who did both movies?

Guest Ricky Downtown

this is only really cool if you've seen the movie enough times to recognize the shots. i guess if you're watching this you have though.

this is only really cool if you've seen the movie enough times to recognize the shots. i guess if you're watching this you have though.

lol @ this sentence being said on watmm :cisfor:

an animator in Austin does that rotoscoping, did a film called Mars recently. Kind of interesting, I need to finish watching. He is also in the Lars Von Trier film The Five Obstructions.

• 1 year later...

If I hadn't seen the movie numerous times already, this would be mostly unintelligible.

The funny thing is, I recently showed this film to a bunch of my students, and they found it incomprehensible. I should have showed them this instead.

thats an insane amount of work for something that seems kind of arbitrary and ultimately pointless

i mean its 'cool' but wat does that really accomplish? i look at it for a few seconds say 'neat' and forget about it 5 seconds later as i watch a ray william johnson vid where he shows someone elses' vid with kitty cats in it

There's some gorgeous images in those watercolors, the whole movie seems a bit overkill but I'm impressed nonetheless.

blade runner is a shit movie

no im serious

I enjoyed it...

...but I enjoy, far more than the movie itself, the media that's influenced and spawned: sample fodder for rave and drum n' bass, countless homages and aesthetic derivatives in other films and shows, and a continued inspiration to those making sci-fi media that isn't dependent on fast-paced action and effects.

It's one of those films you're familiar with before you even see it. That's what's so fascinating about it as a cultural entity. The drawback to this is people like it almost by default (it's much like people who casually dig trendy things they have no attachment or relation to...like kids born after the late 90s liking aesthetics of boomboxes and Nintendo and various buzzfeed fodder).

I wish A Scanner Darkly looked like this instead.

Waking Life does kind of:

[media=]

[/media]

you can even watch the full movie on youtube:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSqKQgGjSb0[/media]

A Scanner Darkly looks almost identical to Waking Life... wasn't it the same guy who did both movies?

yeah this is what i thought...

Archived