IGNORED

Yagya - The Inescapable Decay Of My Heart

Redruth

CFx09.jpg

"New album by Yagya, popular among ambient techno/dub techno fans. Minimal dub, basic channel and ambient techno are fused fantastically. Dreamy, fresh sounds."

The Inescapable Decay of My Heart

1. Gabriel feat. Elísabet Eyþórsdóttir
2. Cold hands
3. Tears will fall feat. Ellen Kristjánsdóttir
4. My star is a new song feat. Sigga Þóra
5. Reverbs and delays
6. The phantom of us
7. Drowned in dreams feat. Elísabet Eyþórsdóttir
8. Bright moonlit sky feat. Esther Taila
9. The salt on her cheeks
10. Waiting for the rain feat. Ellen Kristjánsdóttir

CD2:

The Inescapable Decay of My Heart (Instrumental Version)

1. Gabriel
2. Cold hands
3. Tears will fall
4. My star is a new song
5. Reverbs and delays
6. The phantom of us
7. Drowned in dreams
8. Bright moonlit sky
9. The salt on her cheeks
10. Waiting for the rain

http://darla.com/ind...em_cat_id=40817
http://kilk.jp/en/

right. i'm very relieved that he has included instrumental versions with this. really don't know what to expect here. hopefully, very minimal, wispy, looping, understated vocal bits

Excellent, I'm eager to hear samples too.

And it's on Darla! Hopefully this time there will be more than a couple hundred copies released...

!!!

Can't wait to hear this, "Rigning" is one of my favourite albums of all time. I'm very interested to hear the vocal tracks. In my head I'm imagining someone with a voice similar to Bjork's, singing in a whisper. Has the potential to be amazing.

Thanks for the heads-up. Nice artwork too.

Excellent, I'm eager to hear samples too.

And it's on Darla! Hopefully this time there will be more than a couple hundred copies released...

I think it's released on Kilk and Darla is distributing it.

Oooh, this is exciting news! Samples are up over at Diskunion. Nice that there's an instrumental versions disk too - everyone's happy then. :)

Who the fuck still uses realaudio format in 2012?

It really sounds a lot like Rigning, but with vocals and some more poppy hooks. Would have preferred if the vocals would have more subdued or, like on Luomo's Vocalcity. It still sounds slick and all but I am just wondering if the instrumentals are just a re-thread of Rigning territory.

Who the fuck still uses realaudio format in 2012?

It really sounds a lot like Rigning, but with vocals and some more poppy hooks. Would have preferred if the vocals would have more subdued or, like on Luomo's Vocalcity. It still sounds slick and all but I am just wondering if the instrumentals are just a re-thread of Rigning territory.

Hah! Tell me about it. At least VLC will play them without moaning about not having the right codecs and all that shit that is the province of Windows NoMediaPlayer and the late nineties. :)

I know what you mean about the vocals - they lack subtlety and are a bit too upfront in the mix. As for the music, it reminded me more of "Will I Dream During The Process?" actually.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uptown devil

rhythm of snow white vinyl reissue http://clone.nl/item24262.html

yes please

Those people need patience, but I did pay $30 for Rigning in the store so, doh!

i've been watching the 'will i dream during the process?' cd on discogs for a few years now and have yet to see it dip below $100.

The Rhythm of Snow 2xLP always has less tracks than the CD though and the CD will be reissued also soon as well. Will I Dream During the Process never had an LP version.

The Rhythm of Snow 2xLP always has less tracks than the CD though and the CD will be reissued also soon as well. Will I Dream During the Process never had an LP version.

Yeah, Sending Orbs usually only released stuff on CD. The Rigning double-vinyl was nice though.

I wish Sending Orbs would hurry up and get going again. It's been six months since they announced they were "waking up". I'm hoping for some new Secede or Kettel. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've never wanted an album this badly before - though I can't recall the experiential world view of my fourteen year old self. Hearing the samples made it a lot worse too! Now I can see why terrorist virgins prevent themselves from seeing an inch of their women before they're unwrapped!

As someone said above, this album is worth $100 to many of us. I ordered it a few weeks ago not realizing it doesn't ship until August.

Do any of you happen to know who else makes bass lines like track #5 "Reverbs and Delays" from this album? It's like an exploit for action potential modification in my brain. With enough effort, Aðalsteinn Guðmundsson could make me hallucinate.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived