IGNORED

Microsoft Surface

skotosa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a Surface Pro 1 and now have a Surface Pro 3. I really love it and its my main machine that I use for everything. But its definitely a niche thing. The niche is: wanting an ultralight powerfull laptop with a touchscreen and a stylus that runs Windows.

Its pretty good for getting stuff done and the stylus is surprisingly good for taking notes in meetings and going totally paperless if you're into that sort of thing.

If you work with Windows stack stuff like Visual Studio then its capable of doing any of that stuff.

If you like macs and stuff then just stick to the MacBookAir which is of course a damn fine machine.

There were a few wifi glitches with the Surface Pro 3 early on but its been fine since the September patches.

Microsoft have confirmed that the upcoming Windows 10 will run on the Surface Pro 3 and that the Surface line will continue. Its likely the Surface Pro 4 will have same form factor as the 3 but with the next generation Intel innards (is that Core M? I've lost track).

Archived