IGNORED

Robert Glasper - Black Radio

Guest ogre

“Robert Glasper proves why he’s a multitalent to be reckoned with on his brilliant fourth album, Black Radio. While his roots are definitely in jazz, the bandleader knows no boundaries." — Billboard

Review

http://articles.lati...lasper-20120322

iTunes

http://itunes.apple....dio/id488036560

Robert Glasper is the man, and this latest album is off the chain; all of his music is worth checking out.

This is some of the best music I've ever heard, couldn't help but share. Jazz, hip hop, soul, RnB.

Mixed and produced beautifully. Surprised I like it as I don't like vocals normally, but my lord, its lush sounding on a system. The highlights for me are Smells like Teen Spirit, Lift off, Letter to Hermione and More Love.

Ogre, you could probably seduce some ladies with this.

A couple of nice covers (letter to hermione (bowie really knows how to write a song), teen spirit, afro blue) but overall...meh. But 3 good songs is OK for an album, I guess....

The track Gonna Be Alright (F.T.B.) is actually a Robert Glasper Trio track (just called FTB) that the vocalist wrote lyrics for in 20 minutes lol. It's cool to listen to both; the lyrics are good.

This here is one of my favorite Glasper tracks:

[youtubehd]MZehA24o86s[/youtubehd]

The track Gonna Be Alright (F.T.B.) is actually a Robert Glasper Trio track (just called FTB) that the vocalist wrote lyrics for in 20 minutes lol. It's cool to listen to both; the lyrics are good.

This here is one of my favorite Glasper tracks:

[youtubehd]MZehA24o86s[/youtubehd]

^^^

That track is perfect for a cone on a rainy day off. I don't much care for jazz unless I know the people playing it, but Glasper is pretty fucking ace. I feel like drinking expensive wine now too...

Ogre, you could probably seduce some ladies with this.

like that cousin of yours?

kanye_mood_change.gif

I admit, any artist with good chord progressions nearly instantly wins me over, regardless of genre or approach.

After I listened to this a few more times I'd say there aren't many I would come back to and play outside of the context of the album, but the album straight through is a good listen.

Black Radio is awesome, especially the track Black Radio, featuring Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def). I never grow tired of it.

I haven't heard is previous works though, only his latest.

Archived