Guest theSun

Guest theSun

moving to the woods soon and can't get dsl/cable/fios so i'm out of luck.

anyone have experience with satellite internet compared to dial up? for streaming vids or gaming? thanks watmm

moving to the woods soon and can't get dsl/cable/fios so i'm out of luck.

anyone have experience with satellite internet compared to dial up? for streaming vids or gaming? thanks watmm

Can you elaborate on why you're moving to the woods, or what said woods is like? Wish I could do that.

Guest theSun

hughesnet or wild blue or dial up...

the woods is nice. it's like -

0nymphs_in_the_woods.jpg

a_walk_in_the_woods.jpg

Edited by theSun

I looked into satellite internet for my mum once when she was living in a remote part of south africa...seems you can get half decent speeds - maybe 600 - 700kbps, kinda ISDN sorta speeds. technically this should be ok for some online gaming (WoW and the like) but apparently the ping time is real slow with satellite internet, and this can cause a lot of problems when streaming/on line gaming. I think the monthly usage allowance is quite low too so streaming movies etc wouldn't be a good idea anyway.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Joyrex
      Okay, don't know what exactly happened (too many things to detail here) but the site seems to have sorted itself out. Doing a post-event investigation with the software vendor to determine the root causes.
    • By Joyrex
      Let's list links to places where it you inevitably end up spending far too long reading/browsing (besides WATMM itself).
      All you wanted to know about Street Fighter II http://streetfightermiscellany.com/index.html
    • By Joyrex
      In 1999, the BBC did an interview with David Bowie about the growing influence of the internet:

Watch how Bowie expertly predicts what we all know now, and takes the piss out of Jeremy Paxman while doing it!
    • By Bechuga
      Is there something about this plane of existence you don't understand? Something that befuddles your puny human mind? In this thread, with the help of other WATMM users, let's solve these mysteries so we can continue through this confusing existence with one less worry. Besides money, love, warm living and eating stuff.

My personal mystery to solve, if you could help me get to the bottom of it, is this:

Why oh why do so many people own copies of Bon Jovi's Crossroads?

Everyone, from metal heads to teachers to friends I visited when in primary school to scientists seem to own this album with that bland black and white photo cover. Why does it appear everywhere?!

Please help me understand this societal enigma.
    • By Hugh Mughnus
      Dear Mr Brian Dance,
      I am very sorry that I used a bad word in my first post to you here on internet, it was harsh and uncalled for.

I was using the word mostly because I'm very excited about the possibririty of a new Aphex album. I hope I did not drive you away from WATMM because WATMM is good. The mods are good too even when they are Australian.

I trust this heartfelt apology will discharge my social debt and satisfy those people I offended with the "F word".

Sincerely,
      Andy Stephen

Edit: edited for accuracy, spelled my name wrong the first time.