IGNORED

Vladislav Delay - Kuopio

Redruth

"Here's a good chance to hear how the next Vladislav Delay album ("Kuopio") after the forthcoming "Espoo" EP might sound like. Recorded April 14th 2012 at the prestigious Bimhuis venue in Amsterdam as part of the Viral Radio 5 Year Anniversary. The set consists of almost only unreleased work-in-progress material for the forthcoming album. A broken mixer added some nice extra challenge for trying out all that new material in a live setting for the first time ever."

http://www.vladislavdelay.com/site/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i find that vladislav delay albums tend to unfold slowly over time, but my first impression is that the album is really good. it's a bit of a departure from the sound vladislav delay is known for, but there were hints of this direction on vantaa (lauma especially) and it is still recognizably vladislav delay. looking forward to more listens

This is now the second album of the year from Raster-Noton I can't wait to own.

Edit: third. Forgot about Univrs.

the second track is also one of my favorites, together with track 6 (kulkee). the only track i don't really like so far is Hitto, which kind of feels like a parody of the rest of the album, but maybe it will grow on me.

really a wonderful album on the whole

Archived