IGNORED

DeepChord - Sommer

Redruth

"When it comes to dub techno, there could hardly be a more consistent producer than Modell. The Detroit-based artist has been tweaking his formula for years, trying out various balances of muffled beats, hazy ambiance and field recordings. This is precisely what you can expect from Sommer (German for "summer"): meditative electronic compositions enriched with organic sounds, many of which Modell collected at the beach near his home. The album comes barely a year after his last one, Hash-Bar Loops."

01. Glow

02. Aquatic

03. Cruising Towards Dawn

04. The Universe as a Hologram

05. Beneteau

06. Fourier

07. Aeronautics

08. Flow-Induced Vibrations

09. Spring Mist

10. Amber

11. Alfama

12. Gliding

13. Wind Farm

http://www.residenta...s.aspx?id=16951

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thinking this will be a more ambient affair than Hash-bar Loops was, which I just listened to after a long break and I think it finally hit me how good it really is. Modell has a way with texture and ambience.

hehe yes that line in particular instantly made me think of the early deepchord material, i always got a strong 'beach' vibe from those tracks. especially the recordings of kids laughing on dc10A.

Modell has a way with texture and ambience.

few can match him

hehe yes that line in particular instantly made me think of the early deepchord material, i always got a strong 'beach' vibe from those tracks. especially the recordings of kids laughing on dc10A.

modelled melodies and the sea sounds like the winner recipe to me

Modell has a way with texture and ambience.

few can match him

+1

Also, I'm very happy to see this coming out at Soma - that means it won't be absurdly limited, and won't cost a ton to ship overseas. Soma is one of the few UK labels that doesn't rape US listeners on shipping.

Guest jasondonervan

New album named after summer.

Release date: 27th August.

:cisfor:

(I kid, I'm looking forward to this one too)

• 4 weeks later...

The first time I listened to Liumin was right after a rain storm. There were still clouds in the air but all the water on the ground was reflecting the sun light. Everything was clean and moist. I always see the music like how i saw the world that day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Enter a new display name

"Beneteau" and "Spring Mist" sound awesome. I didn't notice there is only one week left before the release of the album.

Archived