IGNORED

Com Truise - In Decay

takeshi

Princeton producer Seth Haley – better known as Com Truise – has announced the July 17th release of In Decay, a collection of early recordings and rarities. The compilation follows two EPs and one full-length, each displaying Haley's synth-heavy, Eighties-obsessed vision.

"Open," the first track on In Decay, offers an early glimpse at that path: part vintage video game soundtrack, part sci-fi fantasy, the track introduces Haley's obsessions with eight-bit-style synthesizers and thick dance beats.

According to the producer, the track is especially prescient. "'Open' is virtually opening the vault on the early infant stages of the Com Truise project," Haley tells Rolling Stone. "I feel like it's a mission statement of sorts for what would follow."

Check out In Decay's track listing and listen to "Open" below:

"Open"

"84 Dreamin"

"Dreambender"

"Controlpop"

"Colorvision"

"Alfa Beach"

"Stop "

"Klymaxx"

"Yxes"

"Smily Cyclops"

"Video Arkade"

"Data Kiss"

"Closed"

The Rolling Stone page has an embed of the song 'Open'.

Nice! this guy seems to release stuff quite frequently, all of which is quality

I wasn't too keen on his stuff released under the SYSTM moniker - way way way too much overuse of sidechain compression. If you're into that kind of stuff it's cool though. I'm not.

I will be getting this though. This thread also reminded me that Cyanide Sisters got a vinyl press, and I have immediately ordered it via Norman

Galactic Melt is back in stock in Norman Records, for UK fans who've been trying to nab a copy.

be aware - it has slightly different artwork and is pressed on orange vinyl instead of black vinyl

True dat. Comes with an extra song though :emotawesomepm9:

Nope it doesn't, the original pressing comes with the exact same tracklisting. It does have an extra track compared to the digital/CD release though, but as far as the vinyl pressings, they have track parity

/assburger

Galactic Melt is back in stock in Norman Records, for UK fans who've been trying to nab a copy.

be aware - it has slightly different artwork and is pressed on orange vinyl instead of black vinyl

Nope it doesn't, the original pressing comes with the exact same tracklisting. It does have an extra track compared to the digital/CD release though, but as far as the vinyl pressings, they have track parity

/assburger

ahh ok my bad, i've only got the digital at present, gonna order the LP when it's payday.

/assburger

ahh ok my bad, i've only got the digital at present, gonna order the LP when it's payday.

nah I'm just sperging over details. enjoy the album on wax, it's tasty. I'm sure it'll also look awesome in the orange wax, as opposed to my black vinyl. pics would be appreciated, I think. I'm curious to see if it's the same orange used for the Fairlight EP

Whoops, the Open track preview plays the '84 Dreamin' preview as well.

Overall this is sounding good. Big fan of his earlier work. SYSTM was catchy but I think his Airliner and Sarin Sunday stuff is my favorite from his back catalogue. I somehow already have the track "Klymaxx", not sure how. lol

I've been wanting to hear his sound evolve a little (just a little) but in a way de-evolution achieves kind of the same effect! I didn't pick up the Galactic Melt vinyl but that orange re-issue just might grab me.

edit: Just wanted to add, the dude designs album artwork like a boss.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Popemobile v2

Excited to hear this, though I'm kind of drowning in Com material, between the Komputer Casts (recommended, six of 'em available for free on his site), his free stuff on Soundcloud, and his previous material.

Looks like it's currently number one in electronic albums on the iTunes (wtf is Birdy Nam Nam though). https://twitter.com/...6865793/photo/1

Archived