eugene

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

widgets in android are really cool

here is my home screen:

snap20120628_185111.png

that takes care of 90% of the reasons i use my phone, haha. the rest are on two other pages. top widget goes to clocks, bottom widget goes to calendar. social folder has facebook, instagram, tumblr, and twitter in it.

I actually find I can do more "nerdy" things with my Apple devices than I can with Windows... even with Windows 7, there's still more things I can do with a Mac than it I find useful.

Some examples my dear. Not saying you're wrong of course but it's interesting to see what extra stuff the os can achieve having not had much experience with it.

Baph makes a good point, picking sides with phones and arguing is useless. You see the same with Mac versus Windows, and then there is always the couple people who tote Linux as the best of all

this kind of arguing uncovers lots of useful info i think...

regarding displays,

iphone 4s: 3.5 inches LED backlit IPS TFT LCD 640×960 resolution at 326 ppi,

samsung s3 is 4.8 innches HD SUPER AMOLED with 1280×720 pixels (306 ppi) and RGBG-Matrix

htc one is 4.7 inches LCD IPS with RGB matrix 1280x720 pixels (316 ppi) Corning Gorilla Glass 2.0

iphone loses, but there's just no point in comparing iphone 4 with the other two, it's just different generations. though it is very interesting to see what iphone 5 brings..but then the competitors will come up with even better stuff and so on forever and ever.

regarding trying out phones, the thing with androids is that you can pretty much customize it to fit your needs and tweak it for optimal performance, and that's not something i can try in a shop. with iphone you get a perfectly engineered uni-fit, from what i understand.

also, trying out stuff is often misleading i think, you need tens of hours to get to know products such as these. i'd rather rely on a critical mass of reviews/dedicated forums.

lol how does the iphone lose with a higher resolution? but if you're after a big screen then yeah i guess it's like, smaller than the other two.

It could mean either display resolution or 'image' resolution. The iphone has a higher image resolution per inch but the actual display is smaller. You're both right, but I really doubt the human eye can tell the difference between 306 and 326 dpi.

I'm about to get one myself, the LG Optimus 4x HD looks very tempting...

lol

I understand the meaning of ppi, but looking at it practically, with htc or Samsung you have a pocket device that can display higher res than iPhone.

(posting this from my dad's iPad , lol)

I've been using my trusty HTC desire for many years, solid phone. I'm due a free upgrade in August and will be getting the galaxy s3, nothing appears to be in the same league right now. I hope with lots of tweaking I can make the battery life less of a joke.

Guest Mirezzi

Sorry, just went to Gorilla Glass on Wiki and had a mega LOL at the names of Android phones.

Sorry, just went to Gorilla Glass on Wiki and had a mega LOL at the names of Android phones.

Yeah you're absolutely right. A lot of them are fucking atrocious. But to be fair, Google doesn't name them - Samsung, HTC, and LG name them, along with a lot of interference from the carriers.

bonus lols

Archived