IGNORED

Odd Future

hexagon son

Kill people, burn shit, fuck school.

I haven't haven't anything this crazy in a collab since Wu-Tang. I know I'm slow to the game living in Japan, but you gotta check these guys out. Head fuck!

www.oddfuture.com

Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt and the rest. I've been addicted for 2 weeks now.

hahahaah

can someone link me to a good OF track?

a whole Earl Swaeatshirt cuts from all their tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nd8kLUVzBk

The above is is Tyler the Creator.

More? :

And more :

Called "Trouble On my Mind". It's a collab.

And yet more:

This is fucking awesome but I can't help it's copied UK grime.

I did a search and nothing turned up! I don't need to read the rules, but as I said I am about a year behind the time with popular American subculture. This isn't usually my cup of tea, but the energy they protray in their music, and the lyricism is quite francky, amazimg. As I may have said before, I haven't heard anything like this since Wu-Tang.

big love for these guys here, i'm seeing them next month here in Amsterdam, that second OF Mixtape they just did was awesome. earl sweatshirt is best.

totally over the top & vigilant

Personally, I love this one, but that's about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

I do like the Adventure Time references, though.

Same here. I've enjoyed what I've heard but I just haven't invested the time into checking out all the releases.

I feel like a bitter old bastard but this shit is just trash. garbage. no creativity at all. doing things to get bad press just for the sake of being bad boys. been done to death. no artistic merit at all. yada yada. old man rant.

Finally some reason in this thread. Their music just sucks balls, even ignoring all the publicity crap they do. Comparing them to Wu-tang is just embarassing. This shit will be completely forgotten about in a few years, just utterly relegated to the rubbish heap

I don't think (and forgive for me putting words in your mouth Hex ごめんなさい)that Hex is necessarily comparing them musically (like in how they sound) to the Wu, I think he means more in terms of the energy and vitality they bring. I'm not a huge fan, but they have a couple of decent tracks on the first mix tape (I like Orange Juice and Oldie) - I haven't given their second one a spin yet. I think as they mature, if they stick with it, they'll be something good. But whatever, they ain't concerned about what a bunch of 30 year old white dudes are thinking anyways. They need to take some acid though. Fuck all that DXM/bath salts nonsense.

And they're miles better than Lil B.

Seriously though, jules, check out the Orange Juice track. The lyrics are a bit (just a bit) reminiscent of a certain Metal Face.

Final point in this post - the Busta Rhymes comparison iep made is kind of on point, except Busta is 20,000 leagues better than odd future. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDmCoMD02-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJUk45l4h8c

I will certainly give it another go on your word chengod.

but it's all so contrived to me and the music is like third or fourth on their list of priorities.

I will be back..

Earl, Yonkers and Oldie are about the only tracks I legitimately like from them, and I guess Tyler's "Check My French" was okay the rest of the tracks are just gimmicky and rather forgettable... Earl's easily the mosted talented rapper in the group, in fact I'd say the rest of them hold him back somewhat. Earl and Hodgy should just ditch Tyler and crew and just do thier own thing.

Also their Loiter Squad show on Adult Swim is so fucking terrible it really turns me off from giving any of their further output a listen, as I just imagine them sitting around the studios giggling like idiots everytime they say something vulgar on their tracks.

I will certainly give it another go on your word chengod.

but it's all so contrived to me and the music is like third or fourth on their list of priorities.

I will be back..

yeah the early stuff for sure, like that "Earl" track where they're showing how badass they are by blending a bunch of drugs and then going out and doing silly things, that was boring as hell. But I think there is potential there.

@ghosty - I don't even think Hodgy is anything special.

Yeah... Musically, I rate them as one of the better hip hop acts of today. They are not my favorite new hip hop acts btw, but they are talented and I find myself listening to them every once in a while. Like chen says, they are miles better than Lil B... and Riff Raff... and that white girl with the tats that can't rap!

I'm just not down with some of their antics... That's what turned me off about Beastie Boys when they released Licensed to Ill... Then ended up really liking them when Pauls Boutique came out.

Archived