IGNORED

[WARPbot] Aphex Twin: Remote Orchestra show at The Barbican, London

Joyrex

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Tickets booked. Never seen Aphex 'live', always wanted to and this seems like my best bet these days, short of DJ sets at festivals. Looking forward to it.

Tickets booked. Never seen Aphex 'live', always wanted to and this seems like my best bet these days, short of DJ sets at festivals. Looking forward to it.

It'll be my first time seeing AFX too. Got my tickets booked. :beer:

:( sold out, no dice today. Sold out really fast as well, I'll cross my fingers for another set due to demand but I won't hold my breath either. Enjoy the set you lucky people :)

Can anyone honestly say that they enjoyed that Poland performance? I love me a bit of serialism and atonal orchestral music, but that performance sounded (from the recording) absolutely garbage.

I don't get people's beef with this, regardless of whether you like it or not he's doing something different/experimenting. It's obviously going to be completely different to Poland, as beerwolf said the content will be different - probably more his material than interpreting someone else's? As for sound quality on youtube... dude :cisfor:

I went to a Hecker sound art show in Cornwall that blew my mind, but if I'd been watching it online I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes. GIVE IT A CHANCE.

Of course I'll GIVE IT A CHANCE, and I completely agree about Tim Hecker live/on youtube. I was just saying about that Poland performance and what I heard on the youtube recording. Got no problem with him experimenting. Hopefully it'll be amazing.

Guest furlag

I agree with kinski - the same thing with ''Pendulum Music'' - on YT it`s just a (distorted/far from original) sound - but not experience that includes: sound, light, visualisationt + your onw feelings.

I had trouble with the Barbican site too - it wouldn't recognise my card details for some reason. I got a phone call the next day asking if I wanted to buy a pair of tickets for £80 (stupid price but typically Aphex) for "The Apex Twins". If the Barbican can't get the name right then what's the point in trying to sell them to me? Shame, cos I actually love that place.

I got a phone call the next day asking if I wanted to buy a pair of tickets for £80 (stupid price but typically Aphex) for "The Apex Twins".

That's funny, I was once trying to order an Aphex CD in a store and the cashier made the exact same name mistake. Reading comprehension, really...

I had trouble with the Barbican site too - it wouldn't recognise my card details for some reason. I got a phone call the next day asking if I wanted to buy a pair of tickets for £80 (stupid price but typically Aphex) for "The Apex Twins". If the Barbican can't get the name right then what's the point in trying to sell them to me? Shame, cos I actually love that place.

With you my friend, I had a complete nightmare with the site, and hence sit ticketless. Was going to phone the box office but I was driving home from cornwall and just didn't have time. Next thing I know the place is sold out. Ok cool sometimes you win, sometimes you loose but the website seemed to take an instant dislike to me lol. Bollocks in otherwords.

Guest jasondonervan

Got my tickets in the post, now to tuck them away somewhere 'safe' for four months, then panic when I can't find them on the day.

got my tickets yesterday. :emotawesomepm9:

oh and yes the website was a bit dodgy. it said all the seats were sold out just before I was gonna book it - then I got kicked back to the frontpage.

But I still had the booking page (showing all available seats) opened in another tab, and 5 mins later I managed to book the apparently 'sold out' seats. long live the afx. :music:

Guest Kenneth172

Likewise anyone looking to sell a ticket please pm me.

Obviously do them ^^^ 1st though :)

cheers :beer:

Yep, 'do' us first. :music:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hydrozone

If you really want tickets, keep on checking the Barbican website (like every day), returned ticket would update their system automatically.

I got mine last Thursday :-p

Archived