IGNORED

[WARPbot] Aphex Twin: Remote Orchestra show at The Barbican, London

Joyrex

Can anyone honestly say that they enjoyed that Poland performance? I love me a bit of serialism and atonal orchestral music, but that performance sounded (from the recording) absolutely garbage.

I went to a Hecker sound art show in Cornwall that blew my mind, but if I'd been watching it online I wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes. GIVE IT A CHANCE.

Of course I'll GIVE IT A CHANCE, and I completely agree about Tim Hecker live/on youtube. I was just saying about that Poland performance and what I heard on the youtube recording. Got no problem with him experimenting. Hopefully it'll be amazing.

I assume he's talking about Florian Hecker, not that other one.

I could be wrong though.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Never known so much trouble in obtaining a ticket in my life, maybe The Gods don't want me to go.

I had massive headache with the website which took an instant dislike to me, I couldn't phone the box office because I was too busy and commited with a job that finding the time to talk was too much a hassle, when I got the time the tickets had gone. And all the subsequent tickets being sold on ebay are in pairs...

I might have to get one off a tout outside the venue on the night, something which I have never done, and something I aint comfortable with. You seen your averager ticket tout right? Would you trust them? Exactly.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you believe this is the SECOND time this year I've had to miss a live event from one of my all-time favourite musicians, at the same theatre? Philip Glass did his reopening of Einstein on the Beach at The Barbican theatre, back in May. I'd give anything to see this...

I just got a ticket on ebay, I just can't stand the thought of missing this. The credit card got zapped but some things are worth zapping it for.

Squarepusher and Aphex live in the same month!!!

Never known so much trouble in obtaining a ticket in my life, maybe The Gods don't want me to go.

I had massive headache with the website which took an instant dislike to me, I couldn't phone the box office because I was too busy and commited with a job that finding the time to talk was too much a hassle, when I got the time the tickets had gone. And all the subsequent tickets being sold on ebay are in pairs...

I might have to get one off a tout outside the venue on the night, something which I have never done, and something I aint comfortable with. You seen your averager ticket tout right? Would you trust them? Exactly.

Maybe we should beat up the tout and take his tickets. I'm sure this position would be supported by karma.

Oops thought it was tomorrow, my brain was out by a week - good job I didn't turn up there like an idiot ...

(anyone fancy a mini-WATMM meetup ?)

i'm too anti-social to meet new people.

Unfortunately that was 4 hours back which in this day and age was almost 14 days ago, and thus has well and truly sold out again. To those that were successful though - See you guys tomorrow !

Archived