IGNORED

Deadmau5's rant about live performance

usagi

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deadmau5 called security on rusko and had him kicked out of the venue because rusko was smoking a joint backstage.

deadmau5 uses the term "anti-sematic."

deadmau5 is concerned about the content of a 50 year old pop star's concerts and feels she is corrupting the youth.

deadmau5 phones in drunk into radio shows to rant about how drug use is destroying electronic music.

deadmau5 is a tremendous faggot and deserves no respect for his actions

dude, seriously how do you know so much about this guy and why do you care. these aren't really terrible things.

since you're so serious about your question, let me answer it: i browse r/electronicmusic and read a thread about deadmau5 once. it had those things in it and then i remembered them when i saw this thread and decided to write them out for your enjoyment. i care because you do i dislike deadmau5's attitude and i think people should know who he really is before they laud him for changing the face of progressive house or whatever (i disagree with this).

deadmau5 called security on rusko and had him kicked out of the venue because rusko was smoking a joint backstage.

deadmau5 is concerned about the content of a 50 year old pop star's concerts and feels she is corrupting the youth.

deadmau5 phones in drunk into radio shows to rant about how drug use is destroying electronic music.

dude, seriously how do you know so much about this guy and why do you care. these aren't really terrible things.

i care because you do i dislike deadmau5's attitude and i think people should know who he really is before they laud him for changing the face of progressive house or whatever (i disagree with this).

The whole notion that anyone could "change the face of progressive house" is quite a laughable one to begin with..."deadmau5 totally changed the BPM from 127.8 to nearly 130, and started dropping snare beats randomly and he wears a mask OMGZ INNOVATION"

But reall, sadly there are quite a lot of amazingly narrow-minded electronic listeners who seem to have plenty of time to comment and upvote ignorant and arrogant bullshit on places like reddit. I'm amazed so many of these DJs and producers (and fans) never seem to leave the remarkably stagnent sounds of genres like prog house, trance, and what seems to be called "EDM" lately. Those are the ones who keep Deadmau5 "relevant.' Granted the tastes of this forum and places like FACT and RA Advisor are somewhat circle-jerkish as well, but at least there's a lot more sonic diversity and open-minded listeners. I don't listen to Deadmau5 or Skrillex or Guetta or AVIIwhateves or [insert hyped EDM star here] because I'm a snob, but because I find it most of their output dull and uninspiring.

And save for the "anti-semitic" tweet, which was a geniunely reactionary (albeit exaggerated) comment to the random bullshit AGCG said, Deadmau5's action are pretty fucking lame. I wouldn't call them 'terrible' but they're misguided and arguably hypocritical. You know what normal people do when they see someone smoking a joint at a concert? They ignore it (or they might join in!) If it isn't harming anyone, who gives a shit? He should just seriously lighten up. I have no qualms with people who are sober/teetotalers, but the ones who are sincere about it are often very low-ley about their personal choices and don't preach to others about it. I dunno, whatever, this thread's too long, blah blah...

Guest theSun

since you're so serious about your question, let me answer it: i browse r/electronicmusic and read a thread about deadmau5 once. it had those things in it and then i remembered them when i saw this thread and decided to write them out for your enjoyment. i care because you do i dislike deadmau5's attitude and i think people should know who he really is before they laud him for changing the face of progressive house or whatever (i disagree with this).

:wub:

Archived