IGNORED

Clark - Fantasm Planes

Guest Adam

Guest ruiagnelo

if a picture to accompany the definition of boredom were needed, it would be a photo of someone's face while listening to post Iradelphic Clark

already a thread for this. i find it very sad they write it "fantasm" and not "phantasm", cause thats looks way nicer with "planes".

anyway, this track is doing it for me, so i'm happy for this ep to come.

why does clark have gigs everywhere in europe but not in berlin where he lives by the way? i don't get it.

Since I'm in Germany I'm not able to look at a lot of youtube videos for a copyright matter... How could you listen to the track Tokn?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whats with all the short tracks lengths. 18 minutes and its all over. Something Fly Lo is guilty of, and it really annoys me. I dunno, these tracks may actually work being rather short, but many for Fly Lo definitely feel like they are over before they have got going.

Whats with all the short tracks lengths. 18 minutes and its all over. Something Fly Lo is guilty of, and it really annoys me. I dunno, these tracks may actually work being rather short, but many for Fly Lo definitely feel like they are over before they have got going.

I think RE flylo, the albums are designed that way intentionally. I'm not suggesting a person is supposed to be off their face on acid or whatever, but they seem geared towards being stoned. They're 3 minutes/ish to keep your interest for only so long. That way when it changes it up suddenly its shocking, especially to the innebriated..

Not sure thats the case with Fantasm Planes. Thats just my experience with the flylo albums (Especially cosmogramma).

I really like FlyLo's short track duration. They just work that way, like Stephen pointed out (though I don't think you have to be stoned to get affected by that method). But for Clark, I'm not so sure if it works. On Iradelphic above all there are a lot of parts which should be looped and tweaked and varied - but instead they just quickly end and different parts gets looped way too much, which bore me quite quickly.

This stuff completes Iradelphic (not mentioning the bonus which is the Iradelphic Sessions) and I can say I'm pretty satisfied with Clark's work.

Though I want to hear some crunchy, heavy stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

First listen - I was pretty bored by the time I got to the end. The second listen - Oooh this is much nicer !

I think, very much like Iradelphic was - its gonna be one hell of a grower.

I'm enjoying it.. and it's made me appreciate Iradelphic more as well since I've been listening to it again. I'm still a bit perplexed at the Clark quote... "Analogue bass and psychedelic melodies to trip out to on the dance floor. No hippy s**t..." Really?? Half of the tracks are pretty slow.

Also, what happened to the last track of the Iradelphic Sessions? I thought for sure it would be released before or with the EP release.

Also, what happened to the last track of the Iradelphic Sessions? I thought for sure it would be released before or with the EP release.

Just got my Japanese copy of the Phantasm Planes EP through- came with a CD copy of the Iradelphic Sessions!

The Sessions CD has 5 tracks- 4) Fractal Dimembered & 5) Guy Fawkes /Night Night so would imagine both of these will be available free from Warp at some point. The remaining 2 tracks are both pretty short, couple of minutes each as is the Russian Dust Hoarder bonus track on the EP.

No sleeve for the bonus CD, just came in a paper wallet. Couple of pics below.

Wasn't originally gonna bother with the Japanese version this time, but Caretstick posted up about HMV Japan having a pre-order with the bonus disc, and couldn't resist!

Ridiculously quick shipping from Japan to UK- was posted Friday, came today!.... Mind you the postage did cost more than the actual CD did!

http://instagr.am/p/PZlXoURdu5/

http://instagr.am/p/PZlntLxdvG/

Archived