IGNORED

music made with a modular synthesizer

Guest chunky

Guest chunky

cool, i think it's quite simple music, and it doesnt sound like aphex twin, so i hope somebody will enjoy that style of something different

Guest yanG

i just don't grab zips without playing the content first from some webpage, just to let you know... maybe use bandcamp?

Guest kokeboka

Nice analog timbres, what's on your your modular system?

I love the concept behind it - makes me think of a sort of WWI version of Man in the High Castle, narrated by Kraftwerk :ok:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Nice analog timbres, what's on your your modular system?

I love the concept behind it - makes me think of a sort of WWI version of Man in the High Castle, narrated by Kraftwerk :ok:

Thanks for mentioning that book. Might be worth a read! What would it be like if the Nazis had won? We'd all have been rubbed through a cheese grater at birth I expect.

Which modular? The clue's in the artist name.

Check the website again, there's a new track called 'A Spy'.

• 2 weeks later...

i really enjoyed this Chunky. How did you sequence everything? Sounds great.

How did you do those brass pads in French restoration? Is it all on the modular?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest chunky

Really cool. For some reason the BD pattern in A Spy really stands out to me. Love the mouth harp.

The bell synth makes me think this was done in Reason, and it's a Malstrom... am I right?

It was two ring modulators and three sine waves recorded on a Fenix modular synthesizer.

The bell was layered at different octaves then processed with a simple 500ms digital delay.

Some other tracks were made with Fenix II. But everything is multitracked. Some patches had 5 oscillators at once, then with added layers at octaves became 15 oscillators worth of sound just for one string sound, hehe.

Guest chunky

i really enjoyed this Chunky. How did you sequence everything? Sounds great.

How did you do those brass pads in French restoration? Is it all on the modular?

Copious octave layers of sawtooth oscillators with a soft attack modulating the filter cut off, just a basic brass patch with layering and delay. Actually I was trying to make a string sound but it came out as brass, but I'm happy with the result. That song was made by multitracking the Fenix modular synth. It was sequenced with an Atari ST and Roland MPU 101 Midi-CV converter then multitracked with Cooledit 2.1 software. For the whole album it just uses the multitap delay from cooledit and also on one track there is a cooledit digital flanger on the noise percussion. There is no reverb and every sound is made with the Fenix I (6 songs) & II (5 songs) synthesizers.

• 7 months later...

Archived