IGNORED

Welcome To The Ceephax Subforum!

Joyrex

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

And with that my visits to this subforum ends.

Why? First off, there are many Ceephax fans here. Second, he makes some pretty great tunes and releases them on a pretty regular frequency, so his body of work is impressive for someone who's been in the scene a relatively short time compared with his contemporaries (this applies to Clark as well).

OK, let's get talking Ceephax!

Hey JR.

May I ask what it was that pushed you over the edge?

Either way, I'm planning to spend a lot of time in here. So dope.

Nothing 'pushed' me (even Cylob asking for his forum to be removed)... it was something I was planning for some time now, and since I was removing a subforum, it seemed like a good time to insert a new one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catharsis

Poor cylob, I wonder how he feels about this takeover. Don't get me wrong Ceephax is great, but Cylob has been quietly making some lovely music over the last few years. His Zwiete Zendung (spelling) is queezy futurism at it's finest.

Guest armacart

Andy needs to compete with his brother by going on a world tour with a new concept album based on musically synchronized xmas lights (controlled by an Amiga).

28rpoo4.jpg28rpoo4.jpg

280px-Amiga500_system.jpg

28rpoo4.jpg28rpoo4.jpg

Poor cylob, I wonder how he feels about this takeover. Don't get me wrong Ceephax is great, but Cylob has been quietly making some lovely music over the last few years. His Zwiete Zendung (spelling) is queezy futurism at it's finest.

Cylob wanted his subforum removed, so I would suspect he could care less who we "replaced" him with (FYI, we were planning on adding Ceephax for some time; it was just convenient to do so when getting rid of Cylob's subforum to add the Ceephax one).

why?

Because richard devine is a terrible excuse for a musician! =)

Unless youre into the whole ... melody free, throw a bunch of notes into renoise with a kick drum now and again to make it rhythmic, completely lacking in warmth type of music.

Or maybe I havent heard some of richards good stuff. Do you have any recommendations?

:beer:

why?

Because richard devine is a terrible excuse for a musician! =)

Unless youre into the whole ... melody free, throw a bunch of notes into renoise with a kick drum now and again to make it rhythmic, completely lacking in warmth type of music.

Or maybe I havent heard some of richards good stuff. Do you have any recommendations?

:beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCKle_4NkDI

:shrug:

it's "couldn't care less", Joyrex. geez.

You could care less about proper grammar.

it's fucking couldn't. end of. stupid american version makes no sense unless you're saying it sarcastically. and you know what they say about sarcasm...

why?

His work isn't very varied in terms of genre or emotional content; it mostly sticks towards the reaktor+renoise crowd of endless 16 note masturbation, gating, panning and noisy synths, cool for a few tracks, boring after 4. To be honest, most of his work reminds me of Mr.Funk a little too much to deserve a subforum.

Breakcore had its chance on watmm, and they done fucked it up

why?

His work isn't very varied in terms of genre or emotional content; it mostly sticks towards the reaktor+renoise crowd of endless 16 note masturbation, gating, panning and noisy synths, cool for a few tracks, boring after 4. To be honest, most of his work reminds me of Mr.Funk a little too much to deserve a subforum.

Breakcore had its chance on watmm, and they done fucked it up

That's what I tried to say but I have the social/conversational finesse of a tree stump.....

But comparing Richard Devine to V-snares is weird I think. I can see the comparison for some of snares work like HCCBU or other glitchier stuff but his breakcore is a completely diff beast from Devine.

here is snares making fun of richard devine. lol

Archived