IGNORED

Godzilla . 2014 .

Ethel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Isn't that the exact same trailer that's been out for a week or so?? Was really hoping it was actually new. Got damn internets

• 2 months later...

Nice use of Bryan Cranston urgently yelling about hubris or cover-ups or something. I'm looking forward to this. May it not suck entirely.

Thought the CGI in the rising-out-of-the-water clip was just as bad as the Broderick version.

Still, there are plenty of intriguing elements to have maintained my interest, What's going on with that missile that appears to be covered in giant spores? Whose claw is that coming down? A flying monster but which one?

• 2 months later...
Guest bitroast

4/10

pros:

- creatures

- sound design

cons:

- everything else

I can agree.

It's a tough one to dissect for me because a lot of it was ... Good! It all added up and made a lot of sense and the characters had motives and we had reasons to care for the characters and there was build up and awesome monster scenes and etc and etc...

The movie has a big focus on characters and showing their side of story. And for me ... >> none << of this was particularly engaging. It's boring to sit through for two or whatever hours.

I'd enjoy a bit more soul(??) in a film ... I mean.. I can enjoy dumb action films and smart action films and whatever. But for a film so invested in its pacing and it's building up and its characters it's just a bit soulless and unengaging.

And like, no matter how awesome the bit at the end where Godzilla (spoiler spoiler spoiler) is, nothing really saves it from generally genuinely being a boring film.

Guest bitroast

I thought Godzilla was super cute. Reminded me of a little fat kid. If that fat kid was cute.

I can agree with that.

I had a feeling a movie that used Ligeti from 2001 A Space Odyssey in the trailer wouldn't be able to live up to anyone's expectations. Pretty ballsy and also weird move to evoke Kubrick in a tent-pole monster movie

Doesn't totally suck, some of it is well done like I think they did a good job making you feel small compared to the monsters and feeling like a person in between the disasters would feel (at times). girl "lead" does a very good performance imo, guy lead sucks tho. I wouldn't recommend it but it's not a complete waste of time either.

Archived